The Multi-Faith Space is located in the basement of the CAW Student Centre, beside the Pharmacy.
The Multi-Faith Space is accessible 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, as the CAW Student Centre is open.
It is accessible 6:00am–8:00pm, for the use of student, staff and faculty, by using your UWin card.
From 8:00pm–6:00am it can be made accessible through prior arrangement with the Information Desk.
The front common area is open to everyone at all times regardless faith, religion, gender, etc.
The Bookable Area on the other side of the main room divider may be booked for groups, or used by individuals when it is not being reserved by a group.
Rules and Guidelines
It is required that you respect these rules and guidelines and the rights of all persons (including all faiths, gender and cultures) while using the space.
- The Multi-Faith Space is intended for students, staff, and faculty only.
- The maximum capacity of the Multi-Faith Space is 80 people. At no time is the combined occupancy of the Common Area and the Bookable Area to exceed the limit. Overflow of people into the hallway is not permitted.
- Footwear/backpacks must remain inside the facility; racks are provided for this purpose.
- The front Common Area is open to everyone at all times, regardless of booking of the Multi-Faith Space, faith/religion, gender, etc.
- The Bookable Area on the other side of the main room divider may be used by individuals or booked for groups. This space may be sub-divided using the 3rd room divider as needed. In that way, a small group may book a section of this area, leaving the remaining space available to individuals or another group.
- Individuals and/or groups are required to reserve the Bookable Area of the Multi-Faith Space through The Information Desk. If the space is required at a specific time each day/week, a request to book for the semester should be submitted to the Oversight Committee. Reservations should not exceed one (1) hour in length, including setup and clean-up time. Room/cabinet booking requests are accepted after September 15th each year.
- The Multi-Faith Space is to be used for prayer/meditation and religious observances and not as a lounge, study room, meeting room or for other purposes not involved with prayer/meditation. Please respect the requirement for a peaceful, quiet atmosphere.
- The use of fire, including lit candles or incense, is not permitted in the Multi-Faith Space.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Multi-Faith Space. Exceptions due to religious ceremony may be permitted, as approved by the Oversight Committee.
- Please keep the Multi-Faith Space clean. All personal and group materials are to be removed from the space after use. Mats/carpets need be returned to the allotted location. Furniture/dividers must remain in the facility, and restored to the original position.
- A limited number of cabinets are available to recognized University clubs on a first come basis. These are provided for the purpose of storing items such as spiritual books, literature, religious artefacts, etc. Users are responsible for returning items to the cabinet after each use. The University is not responsible for any items/materials left in the Multi-Faith Space which are lost, stolen or damaged.
- The University reserves the right to amend, modify or change these rules/guidelines without notice.