In 2015, President Alan Wildeman announced a three-year plan to create and fill 50 new tenure-track Assistant Professor positions across a range of academic fields. In 2015-16, in Round 1 of this initiative, we hired 15 of those faculty members. We are now embarking on Round 2.
The University must be a place of discovery and creativity that makes a difference in the world. And to be that, it must be a place where faculty can develop and nurture over time the relationships and endeavours that enable discovery and creativity to occur.
Dr. Alan Wildeman
President and Vice-Chancellor
University of Windsor
Our goal is to cultivate a new generation of scholarly leaders whose individual and collective efforts will build on the achievements of our dynamic University and lead us in new directions in response to the emerging challenges facing our students, our communities, and our world.
The 50 new positions in this initiative are intended to enhance our strategic goals in teaching, research, scholarship, and creativity. We are looking for new faculty with both disciplinary grasp and interdisciplinary reach. Ideal candidates will have:
- An excellent research and publication record, with strong evidence of growth potential
- Documented evidence of excellence and innovation in teaching and learning
- A demonstrated commitment to student success
- Openness to the implementation of technology-enabled learning
- Successful experience in working in contexts of diversity
- A strong commitment to leadership, mentorship, and continuous learning
- Interest in and experience with experiential learning and entrepreneurialism
- A demonstrated capacity for teamwork and collaboration
- Curiosity, integrity, and imagination
The University of Windsor is an institution that prides itself on having excellent teachers. We are committed to supporting ongoing professional development in teaching and learning throughout a faculty member’s career—and to supporting the best new researchers, scholars, practitioners, and creators as they evolve.
We see this initiative as a defining moment in the University of Windsor’s history of growth and innovation–and we believe it will also be a unique gateway opportunity for our 50 new faculty members. We are committed to supporting your early-career and long-term aspirations, and to fostering teamwork that will enable new collaborative opportunities within your cohort and across the University.
We look forward to exploring this extraordinary opportunity with you!
This year we are seeking to hire 20 tenure-track Assistant Professors, to begin July 1, 2017 in the following areas:
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Sustainable and Integrated Design (School of Creative Arts)
- Borders, Mobility, and Social Inclusion (Sociology, Anthropology and Criminology)
- Direct Practice in Disabilities (School of Social Work)
Faculty of Engineering
- Autonomous Systems/Internet of Things (IoT) (Electrical & Computer)
- Microsystems and MEMS (Electrical & Computer)
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (Civil & Environmental)
- Lightweight Automotive/Aerospace Products Engineering (Mechanical)
- Engines, Combustion, and After-treatment Systems for Advanced Fuels (Mechanical)
- Ergonomics (Mechanical)
- Sustainable Energy Systems (Mechanical)
Faculty of Human Kinetics
- Adapted Movement for Healthy and Active Living (Kinesiology)
Faculty of Law
- Academic Clinic Professor
Faculty of Nursing
- Mental Health or Pediatrics
Odette School of Business
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Accounting (2 positions)
- Finance - Portfolio Management
Faculty of Science
- Health Informatics – Intelligent Data Analytics and Modeling (Computer Science)
- Statistics - Big Data Analytics (Mathematics & Statistics)
- Quantitative Watershed Hydrology (Earth & Environmental Sciences)
For a list of last year’s appointments, click here