Over the next three years, the University of Windsor will create 50 new tenure-track Assistant Professor positions across a range of academic fields. Our goal is to cultivate a new generation of scholarly leaders whose individual and collective efforts will build on the achievements of our dynamic University and lead us in new directions in response to the emerging challenges facing our students, our communities, and our world.
The University must be a place of discovery and creativity that makes a difference in the world. And to be that, it must be a place where faculty can develop and nurture over time the relationships and endeavours that enable discovery and creativity to occur.
Dr. Alan Wildeman
President and Vice-Chancellor
University of Windsor
The 50 new positions in this initiative are intended to enhance our strategic goals in teaching, research, scholarship, and creativity. We are looking for new faculty with both disciplinary grasp and interdisciplinary reach. Ideal candidates will have:
- An excellent research and publication record, with strong evidence of growth potential
- Documented evidence of excellence and innovation in teaching and learning
- A demonstrated commitment to student success
- Openness to the implementation of technology-enabled learning
- Successful experience in working in contexts of diversity
- A strong commitment to leadership, mentorship, and continuous learning
- Interest in and experience with experiential learning and entrepreneurialism
- A demonstrated capacity for teamwork and collaboration
- Curiosity, integrity, and imagination
The University of Windsor is an institution that prides itself on having excellent teachers. We are committed to supporting ongoing professional development in teaching and learning throughout a faculty member’s career—and to supporting the best new researchers, scholars, practitioners, and creators as they evolve.
We see this initiative as a defining moment in the University of Windsor’s history of growth and innovation–and we believe it will also be a unique gateway opportunity for our 50 new faculty members. We are committed to supporting your early-career and long-term aspirations, and to fostering teamwork that will enable new collaborative opportunities within your cohort and across the University.
We look forward to exploring this extraordinary opportunity with you!
The first wave of advertisements — 18 tenure-track Assistant Professor positions, to begin July 1, 2016 — is as follows:
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Comparative Politics of the Developing World / International Relations
- Adult Clinical Psychology
- Theatre and Performance Studies
Faculty of Engineering
- Power Systems Engineering
- Engineering Management & Entrepreneurship
- Ergonomics & Usability Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Systems
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Nursing
Odette School of Business
Faculty of Science
- Sustainable Materials and Green Chemistry
- Health Applications of Materials
- Cellular or Molecular Neuroscience
- Ecosystem Functioning and Climate Change
- Big Data Science and Analytics for Cross-Border Strategies