In 2015, President Alan Wildeman announced a three-year plan to create and fill 50 new tenure-track Assistant Professor positions across a range of academic fields. Over the last two years, we have hired 29 of those faculty members. We are now embarking on Round 3.
The University must be a place of discovery and creativity that makes a difference in the world. And to be that, it must be a place where faculty can develop and nurture over time the relationships and endeavours that enable discovery and creativity to occur.
Dr. Alan Wildeman
President and Vice-Chancellor
University of Windsor
Our goal is to cultivate a new generation of scholarly leaders whose individual and collective efforts will build on the achievements of our dynamic University and lead us in new directions in response to the emerging challenges facing our students, our communities, and our world.
The 50 new positions in this initiative are intended to enhance our strategic goals in teaching, research, scholarship, and creativity. We are looking for new faculty with both disciplinary grasp and interdisciplinary reach. Ideal candidates will have:
- An excellent research and publication record, with strong evidence of growth potential
- Documented evidence of excellence and innovation in teaching and learning
- A demonstrated commitment to student success
- Openness to the implementation of technology-enabled learning
- Successful experience in working in contexts of diversity
- A strong commitment to leadership, mentorship, and continuous learning
- Interest in and experience with experiential learning and entrepreneurialism
- A demonstrated capacity for teamwork and collaboration
- Curiosity, integrity, and imagination
The University of Windsor is an institution that prides itself on having excellent teachers. We are committed to supporting ongoing professional development in teaching and learning throughout a faculty member’s career—and to supporting the best new researchers, scholars, practitioners, and creators as they evolve.
We see this initiative as a defining moment in the University of Windsor’s history of growth and innovation–and we believe it will also be a unique gateway opportunity for our 50 new faculty members. We are committed to supporting your early-career and long-term aspirations, and to fostering teamwork that will enable new collaborative opportunities within your cohort and across the University.
We look forward to exploring this extraordinary opportunity with you!
This year we are seeking to hire 21 tenure-track Assistant Professors, to begin July 1, 2018 in the following areas:
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Child Clinical Psychology: Autism Spectrum Disorders (Psychology)
- Great Lakes Borderlands, Public Health, Digital History (History)
- Applied Theatre and Community Practice (School of Dramatic Art) [Closed]
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Engineering
- Clean Combustion in Engines (Mechanical)
- Building Information Modelling (Civil and Environmental)
- Lightweight Automotive/Aerospace Product Engineering (Mechanical)
- Experimental and Computational Modelling of Fluid Mechaincs and Heat Transfer (Mechanical)
- Ergonomics (Mechanical)
Faculty of Human Kinetics
- Health and Physical Activity ‐ Pediatrics (Kinesiology) [Closed]
- Cognitive Ergonomics (Kinesiology) [Closed]
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Nursing
Odette School of Business
Faculty of Science
- Statistics - Big Data Analytics (Mathematics & Statistics)
- Integrative Cellular, Physiological or Organismal Immunologist (Biological Sciences)
- International Labour Economics (Economics)
- Experimental Materials Science (Physics)