What is the Working Alone Service?
The Working Alone Service is a free service for those working or studying late on campus. It is provided by University of Windsor Campus Community Police and is available to all members of the campus community who work or study alone on the campus during the quiet hours of the evening, weekends and statutory holidays.
The hours of this service are Monday to Friday 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 am and 24-hours during weekends and statutory holidays.
How Do I Access the Working Alone Service?
Individuals wishing to utilize this service to enhance their personal safety while working alone may telephone Campus Community Police at 253-3000 ext. 1234.
How Does It Work?
When you call to register please provide:
- Your name, exact location and telephone number for your workspace.
- Emergency contact name and telephone number (optional).
- Your estimated time of departure. Please contact Campus Community Police to confirm your departure or if there are any changes. Separate registration is required each time you wish to use this service.
Additional Details Required Include:
- Your mode of travel, vehicle description (if applicable), including licence plate number and the location where your vehicle is parked.
- Will you require a WalkSafe escort after you are done?
Services Provided to Registered Participants:
- Campus Community Police can visit or telephone you during the period you requested.
- In the event of an emergency in your area, Campus Community Police will contact you and will advise you on the appropriate procedures to follow.
- If Campus Community Police have not heard from you at the designated time, then follow up procedures will be initiated, including immediate police investigation of your work site.
- If we have been unable to locate you, then your emergency contact person will be notified.
- If you require an escort to your vehicle, Campus Community Police will make the necessary arrangements for you.