Ignite is the University of Windsor’s Work Study program and funds part-time jobs on campus for students. Positions offer an opportunity for both financial benefits and skills development. The program is coordinated by Career Development & Experiential Learning.
ATTENTION SUPERVISORS: The deadline to submit a proposal is July 21, 2019. Funding decisions will be commuicated via email the week of August 19th.
ATTENTION STUDENTS: Select the yellow "Students" button for more information on how to participate in Ignite.
In 2017-2018, Work Study was rebranded as Ignite and facilitated as an experiential learning opportunity. Further enhancements are being made in 2019-2020. Highlights include:
- Job proposals can be submitted via a Qualtrics survey (rather than directly into mySuccess) by July 21, 2019.
- Individuals that sit on Provost’s Council (i.e. those in a dean or AVP role) will have an opportunity to review and notify CDEL of positions that are deemed a priority for the operations in their portfolios.
- Supervisors will be reimbursed up to $2,000 for a two-term position or $1,000 for a one-term position on actual expenditures on hourly wage, vacation pay, and other mandatory costs associated with paying the students (EI, CPP, EHT, etc.). Any expenditures over and above the funding allocation from Ignite will be the responsibility of the department.
- Leaving a significant portion of allocated funds unused may reduce likelihood of receiving future funding.
- After being hired into an Ignite position, students are to attend a mandatory one-hour Launch Session facilitated by CDEL within the first two weeks of their start date. Students must be paid for the time they attend the session as part of that week’s payroll.
- Students that meet all of the eligibility requirements can begin working as early as September 3 and must attend a Launch Session within two weeks of their first day of work
Work Study Contact
If you have any questions relating to the Work Study Program, please contact:
Samantha DesRosiers, Ignite Program Coordinator