Ignite is the University of Windsor’s Work Study program and funds part-time jobs on campus for students. Positions offer an opportunity for both financial benefits and skills development. The program is coordinated by Career Development & Experiential Learning.
ATTENTION SUPERVISORS: The deadline to post a job has now passed. Funding decisions were sent via email the week of August 23rd.
ATTENTION STUDENTS: The format of work study has changed. Select the yellow "Students" button for more information on how to participate in Ignite.
In 2017-2018, Work Study was rebranded as Ignite and facilitated as an experiential learning opportunity. Further enhancements are being made in 2018-2019. Highlights include:
- Positions are funded not the participants; therefore, all students are eligible to participate in Ignite*, regardless of financial aid. *To be eligible to view job postings or be hired into a funded position, students must:
- Attend a mandatory Launch session
- Be in good academic standing: have a cumulative average of 60% or higher and not be on academic probation
- Be registered in a minimum course load (60% for domestic; 80% for international; 40% for students with a documented permanent disability)
- Not be on a co-op work term in the semester they are employed in an Ignite position
- Students no longer have to apply to Work Study to participate - they simply have to meet the eligiblity criteria above and attend a mandatory Launch session to view and apply to jobs;
- Supervisors will pay their students from their own departmental student casual wage account, and will be reimbursed a 100% wage subsidy of up to $2,500 for an 8-month (Fall & Winter) position or $1,250 for a one term (Fall or Winter) position)
- Job proposals will be scored and awarded funding using an evaluation rubric based on competency development, quality of learning outcomes, alignment with the University of Windsor's strategic priorities, and mentorship & supervision
- Earlier hiring window, allowing students to start as early as September 4th
Ignite: An On-Campus Experiential Learning Program to Support Future Employability of International Students
Work Study Contact
If you have any questions relating to the Work Study Program, please contact:
Ignite Program Coordinator
Career Development & Experiential Learning