Why hire a Windsor volunteer internship student?
- No fees or costs are associated with your participation in VIP.
- Students can offer a fresh, innovative and intelligent perspective to the workplace.
- Interns can work on special projects or can be incorporated into the daily routine of the work environment.
- Gain access to highly motivated and productive volunteers.
- VIP students are pre-screened for academic excellence and personal strengths, thus providing you with access to quality individuals.
- Volunteers are matched to meet the expectations of the job description provided by your organization.
- The Applied Learning Coordinator monitors the work performance of volunteer interns.
- Contribute to the student's professional and personal development.
- Participate in the education process by providing guidance and supervision.
The volunteer hiring process:
- Provide 40 hours career-related work experience by outlining your needs and submitting a job description form through our online job posting system mySuccess.
- Students select positions of interest through our mySuccess System.
- Students will be matched for placements based on employer requirements and student interest and qualifications.
- Employers have an opportunity to review resumes and rank students according to preference.
- We contact employers whether or not a match has been made.
- VIP students are available to start their volunteer placement in the beginning of February, June or October.
- Students contact their selected organization to arrange for a meeting with the placement supervisor.
- Student and employer jointly consult on Learning Objectives.
- Employers complete a Final Evaluation and verify the student's record of hours on the student's last day.
- If at anytime an employer has problems or concerns, they are encouraged to contact the Applied Learning Coordinator.
Employers must submit VIP positions for consideration on mySuccess before the first month of the term:
- Fall semester: by September 1
- Winter semester: by January 1
- Summer semester: by May 1