At Career and Employment Services, we are deeply committed to helping University of Windsor students and graduates to find their feed in the working world. To this end, we've created a number of tools designed to help University of Windsor students and alumni effectively search the job market.
In person workshop offerings:
- Job Search Tips: Learn how to find hidden work opportunities by thinking beyond online job listings. This workshop will teach you effective ways to market yourself long before you leave university. You will learn strategies for looking for full time, part time, and summer work.
- Preparing for the Job Fair: Get the most out of the Annual Job Fair, held each January, by learning what to bring, what to wear, and how to present yourself in a professional manner to make a positive first impression.
Available online workshops:
- What is Labour Market Information? This webinar will teach you what labour market information is, why it is important, how to find it, and how to use it to give you an advantage in your career.
- InControl: Using LinkedIn to Build your Professional Network: This two part online workshop will introduce you to how to create a LinkedIn profile (Part 1) and how to use LinkedIn as a networking and job seeking tool (Part 2).
If you would require a transcribed version of the audio for these online workshops, please contact us at email@example.com.
Labour Market Information Resources
See the following labour market information resources that will help you learn how to discover what jobs, sectors, and skills are in demand, and how you can find employers:
- Labour Market Information Tip Sheet
- Mergent Intellect Tip Sheet
- What is Labour Market Information? webinar
Career and Employment Services works with employers to maintain a database of job postings that might interest University of Windsor students and graduates. Full-time, part-time, summer, contract, on-campus, international, volunteer, and career-track positions are available.
To access the University of Windsor's job database, log in to mySuccess, select Career, and then click Job Postings.
Leverage the world's largest professional network to connect with opportunity. Use LinkedIn Jobs to harness the power of your network and get hired. LinkedIn Jobs surfaces insights such as whom you know at a company, providing you an edge in your job search.
Click to find much more information on the Annual Job Fair, which is held in January.
Consult the Career Events Calendar via mySuccess for an up-to-date list of upcoming recruitment events.
Individual Career Appointments
Our one-on-one Job Search Techniques career advising appointment is designed to help students identify employment goals, match skills and experience, research and access employer information, and develop a personalized job search plan that gets results.
To schedule an appointment, log in to mySuccess and click on the blue bar that reads Book an Appointment.
Online Career Resources
Career and Employment Services hosts a number of downloadable student resources that help to clarify the career-planning process. The following resources apply to this topic:
- "Resume and Job Search Basics"
- "Find Your Way: Job Search Techniques"
- "Job Search Plan Checklist and Timeline"
- "Showtime: Getting the Most from Career Fairs and Recruitment Events"
- "Always Deliver: The Jobseeker's Guide to Composing Professional Emails"
- "Write Your Own Ticket: Composing Specific Emails & Letters" (mySuccess exclusive)
- "The Professional Network: 13 Ways to Use LinkedIn to Your Advantage"
- "Turn the Tables: The Informational Interview" (mySuccess exclusive)
- "Searching for Summer Jobs: A Student's Guide to Finding Short-Term Work" (mySuccess exclusive)
- Career Destinations
Further career-oriented resources are available through mySuccess. From the left menu, select Career then Resources.