Career and Employment Services has developed several useful documents to help students interface effectively with the professional world. Some of these documents can be downloaded directly from this site, while others require students to log in to mySuccess. From there, select Career then click on the Resources tab.
- "Resume and Job Search Basics
- "Find Your Way: Job Search Techniques"
- "Job Search Plan Checklist and Timeline"
- "Negotiating a Salary"
- "Search for Summer Jobs: A Student's Guide to Finding Short-term Work" (mySuccess exclusive)
Labour Market Information Resources
- "Career and Employment Services Introduction to WEnav: Career Navigation for Youth"
- "Break the "Experience Needed" Cycle: Volunteering as a Career Booster"
- "Turn the Tables: The Informational Interview" (mySuccess exclusive)
- Career Destinations - explore careers related to your academic area of study
Resume, Curriculum Vitae, and Cover letter
- "Sell Yourself: Quick Tips for Resume Writing"
- "Recommended Resume Action Words"
- "Career and Employment Services Resume Checklist"
- "The Law of the Letter: How to Write an Effective Cover Letter"
- "Career and Employment Services Cover Letter Checklist"
- "Generic Academic CV Template"
- "Professorial CV Outline"
- "In Good Form: How to Deal with Online Applications"
- "When a Resume Won't Do: The Curriculum Vitae"
- "The Curriculum Vitae (CV) Package" (mySuccess exclusive)
- "Curriculum Vitae Samples from Other Institutions" (mySuccess exclusive)
- "So You Got the Interview: 12 Quick Tips for Impressing Your Future Employer"
- "The Situation Room: Specific types of Interviews and Interview Questions"
- "Answer the Call: How to Ace Your Telephone Interview"
- "Approaches to Common Interview and Application Questions (mySuccess exclusive)
Networking and Social Media
- "It's Who You Know: How to Network Effectively as a Student"
- "Showtime: Getting the Most from Career Fairs and Recruitment Events"
- "Perfect Pitch: How to Sell Yourself in 30 Seconds"
- "The Professional Network: 13 Ways to Use LinkedIn to Your Advantage"
- "Best Face Forward: Tips for Using Social Media and the Internet Successfully
- "Always Deliver: The Jobseeker's Guide to Composing Professional Emails"
- "Write Your Own Ticket: Composing Specific Emails & Letters" (mySuccess exclusive)
Graduate and Professional Programs
- "Graduate School"
- "Applying to Law School" (mySuccess exclusive)
- "Preparing for Professional School Interviews" (mySuccess exclusive)
- "Foreign Affairs: Job Search in Canada for International Students (mySuccess exclusive)
Database of Online Job Banks and Career-Oriented Websites
- "External Resources" (mySuccess exclusive)
A number of further pre-existing documents not listed here are available through mySuccess. Choose Career then select Resources tab.