Jan 10th, 2018
The Uni-Com: Retirement Learning Centre is now accepting registrations for classes in the winter session. Study groups convene once a week on a wide variety of areas of interest for seniors from the University (Uni) and from the community (Com):
- Poetry for All — enjoy the poetry of many authors and share in creating poetry and prose of your own.
- The Story of Ford City — author Herb Colling will discuss the history of one of Windsor’s founding communities.
- Fitness and Self-Defense for Retirees — a black belt instructor in martial arts will lead participants through light exercises to promote muscular endurance, strength, and flexibility.
- How Language Works — explore language myths, language acquisition in children, the role of grammar in communication, language and reality, and some theories of meaning.
- Drumming Ensemble — learn about the music produced by different drums and experience the feeling of drumming in a group.
- Local Black History — a series of guest presenters will discuss early families and their contributions to the growth and progress of our region.
- Ancient Myths and Legends — look at mythology and its influence on art and literature.
- Visiting Places of Worship — tour a mosque, temple, or cathedral to learn something about the beliefs and worship of different religious groups.
- Film and First Nations — screen some recent Indigenous films and then join in discussion about current conditions and the challenges faced by First Nations peoples.