Catering Services will host a tasting menu event Friday, Dec. 6, aimed at faculty and staff unable to attend Tuesday’s holiday luncheon.
“We wanted to offer a nice event for people,” says executive chef Paolo Vasapolli. “It’s our first time trying it, and we hope our patrons enjoy it.”
The menu will feature:
- Charcuterie Board of cured meats, assorted cheeses, raw honey, $8 per person
- Grilled Shrimp four pieces with warm fennel and radicchio slaw, chili oil, $8
- Fried Brussels Sprouts with pistachios, Andouille sausage, $6
- Caprese Salad with burrata, kumato, baby arugula, black truffle balsamic dressing, $7
- Oysters Rockefeller with baby spinach, panko, Pernod, chervil, beurre blanc, $3.50 apiece
- Merlot-Stained Ravioli five pieces with short ribs, $9
- Roasted Beet Salad with goat cheese and dill crema, toasted walnuts, $6
- Local beer and wine available for purchase
The event will run noon to 2 p.m. in the University Club on the lower level of Vanier Hall.
Seating and quantities of food are limited; call Catering Services for reservations, 519-253-3000, ext. 3276 or 3277.