Blackboard will be offline on May 3 beginning at 6 a.m. for up to 24 hours, due to upgrades on the learning management system and its supporting infrastructure.
New features available in the upgrade include:
- downloadable annotated PDFs containing instructor feedback added when grading online assignments;
- the mobile instructor app, which can now be used for grading for certain types of assessments;
- the ability to record audio or video feedback for students;
- interface updates, such as a course’s main menu containing links to the Discussion Board and Virtual Classroom tools, and more visible editing options; and
- improvements to the Grade Centre interface.
Details about the upgrade’s features and changes for instructors and students are available on the Blackboard Project - Updates webpage.