Attention B.Ed. Class of 2020
Newly qualified teachers are eligible to enrol in many of our AQ/ABQ courses. Your Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) Certificate of Qualification is your ticket to employment within Ontario's publicly-funded education system. AQ courses allow you to enhance your Certificate of Qualification by adding teachables or demonstrating acquisition of important skills for the classroom. An enhanced Certificate of Qualification sets you apart in the job market and opens the door to more employment opportunities across Ontario. However, before you can register for our AQ courses, you must first commence the application process for membership with the Ontario College of Teachers .
Even though you are not yet a member with the Ontario College of Teachers, B.Ed. students in their graduating year may still register for a Spring or Summer Additional Qualifications (AQ) course based on the following:
- The Faculty of Education has recommended you for certification
- You will begin the application process to becoming a member with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT)
- Upon receiving a registration number from the OCT, you will immediately supply our office with your registration number
- It is understood that you will not receive credit for your Additional Qualifications course until your registration number has been submitted to our office.
- If there are issues with your registration with the Ontario College of Teachers, we ask that you notify our office of any potential delays.
Graduating Consecutive Students: May register as early as the Spring semester
Graduating Concurrent Students: May register as early as the Summer semester
NOTE: You will not receive credit be approved for your Additional Qualifications course until your six-digit OCT registration number has been submitted to our office.