We are pleased to announce the 2019-20 competition for the Autism Scholars Award for graduate students undertaking research in child autism.
With the support of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) an Autism Scholars Award has been established to ensure that Ontario attracts and retains pre-eminent scholars in this field.
The community of autism scholars fostered by this Awards Program will excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge concerning child autism, and its translation into improved health for children, more effective services and products for children with autism, and increase the province’s capacity in diagnosis and assessment of autism and a strengthened treatment system.
For 2019-20, one award will be made at each of the Master’s level and the Doctoral level:
- Master’s Awards - $18,000
- Doctoral Awards - $20,000
This scholarship program is administered through the Council of Ontario Universities (COU) and each applicant must be sponsored by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
The announcement and the application form can be found on the COU web site.
- Students submit their applications electronically to the Office of Graduate Studies by the deadline of Monday, December 3, 2018: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References are also to be submitted electronically to the Office of Graduate Studies by this date. Referees should be instructed to email their signed letters to email@example.com
- The Office of Graduate Studies will forward the applications to departments after this date for ranking, if necessary.