Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, a Scholar Awards Program in Women’s Health has been established to ensure that Ontario attracts and retains pre-eminent women’s health scholars. The community of women’s health scholars fostered by this Awards Program will excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge about women’s health and its translation into improved health for women, more effective health services and products for women, and a strengthened health care system,
For 2019-20, up to three awards will be made at each of the Master’s and Doctoral levels, and up to two at the Postdoctoral level:
- Master’s Awards - $25,000 plus $1,000 research allowance
- Doctoral Awards - $35,0000 plus $2,000 research allowance
- Postdoctoral Awards - $50,000 plus $5,000 research allowance
This scholarship program is administered through the Council of Ontario Universities (COU) and each applicant must be sponsored by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Students submit their applications electronically to the Office of Graduate Studies by the deadline of Monday, December 3, 2018 (firstname.lastname@example.org). The application form can be found on the COU web site.
- References are also to be submitted electronically to the Office of Graduate Studies by this date. Referees should be instructed to email their signed letters to: email@example.com
- The Office of Graduate Studies will forward the applications to departments after this date for ranking, if necessary.