CIHR funds graduate scholarships in health-related research that encompasses a wide range of disciplines.
The following is a brief overview of the main steps in the CIHR doctoral scholarships electronic application process.
Note that CIHR Master's scholarships (CGS M) have a separate application process and deadline (December 1, 2019).
The process for students to apply for the CIHR doctoral scholarships is done completely on-line.
The Graduate Studies office will forward electronic copies of complete applications to each department as soon as possible after the student application deadline (September 16, 2019).
Access the CIHR on-line application form at: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/PG-CS/CGSD-BESCD_eng.asp
1. Student logs in to ResearchNet and completes and submits their application form and other required components. New users must register on the on-line system before creating an application on-line.
Refer to the instructions: http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/38887.html
2. Student uploads required documents in PDF format.
3. Student selects two sponsors (referees) and provides each sponsor’s contact information as part of the application process. The sponsors complete their assessment through the ResearchNet system.
IMPORTANT: it is the student’s responsibility to make sure that the sponsors’ assessments are submitted in time to meet the September 16, 2019 application deadline.
4. Once all of the required documentation has been supplied as part of the on-line application students “submit" their application electronically by the deadline of Monday, September 16, 2019 so that it is available for review on-line.
5. The Graduate Studies office will forward all completed applications to departments as soon as possible after this deadline for your review.
6. Departments submit a completed ranking sheet to the Graduate Studies Office by noon on Friday, October 4, 2019.
Official and up-to-date transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate studies (including the transcript legend) must be scanned and uploaded in PDF format by the student under "Transcripts" in the "Attach Other Application Materials" section of the application.
Students will not have grades yet for Fall 2019 but are still required to upload an official UWindsor transcript showing their registration for Fall (if applicable).
It is important the sponsors follow the instructions when completing the CIHR assessment. All students sent forward for an CIHR scholarship are excellent and the reference letter may make the difference between a student being selected, or not selected.
Review the selection criteria and weights against which applications will be assessed.
The University of Windsor’s quota of applications that may be forwarded to CIHR for the 2020-21 competition is 3.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Graduate Studies office at firstname.lastname@example.org.