We are pleased to announce that the nomination and application process for the 2020 Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships has now opened on-line.
The renewed Scholarship program of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is a gateway for courageous, bold, original thinkers who are hungry to play a leadership role in their communities. The Foundation’s three-year program aims to train Engaged Leaders, in order to build the capacity for academics to make their research accessible beyond academia, to partner and work with a diversity of actors across society, and to help address some of the most pressing domestic and global issues of direct relevance for the future of Canada.
The leadership training provided to each cohort of Scholars is based on a scientific theme, which is chosen because of the social importance of the issues it raises and its interdisciplinary dimensions. This innovative model aims to help Scholars to look beyond their areas of expertise and develop a desire to engage with people, issues and ideas typically outside their academic training.
Candidates are evaluated based on their academic achievement, which must be on par with the highest standards of the world’s most prestigious doctoral scholarship programs. Future scholars must also demonstrate an ability to engage in lively exchange with other researchers and scholars, and have an expressed desire to contribute to public dialogue.
More information is available at the Trudeau Foundations website.
Value: up to $60,000 per year for three years.
- Full-time first, second or third year students enrolled (or accepted) in a doctoral program in the humanities and social sciences (broadly defined);
- Open to Canadians/Permanent Residents and international students;
- Be pursuing research in one or more of the four themes of the Foundation: Human Rights and Dignity; Responsible Citizenship; Canada in the World; and People and their Natural Environment
Instructions for applicants:
1. Visit the Trudeau Foundations website at: http://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/en/programs/scholarships
2. Create an account on-line through the Trudeau Foundation’s portal
3. Complete the on-line application form and upload all of the required documents to the portal by the University of Windsor’s deadline of Friday, January 3, 2020 at noon.
Instructions for departments:
After the application deadline The Faculty of Graduate Studies will forward any applications to the department for review and ranking, as needed.