- The Department of Economics of the University of Windsor offers an intellectually demanding and stimulating M.A. program.
- Small class sizes give students the opportunity to work closely, in and out of the classroom, with faculty members.
- Students are drawn from a variety of backgrounds, but a good knowledge of economics and strong quantitative skills, as well as good English language skills, are required.
- Graduates of a three-year B.A. in Economics may also apply for the M1 program in lieu of an honours year in Economics.
- Our program provides a rigorous training in theory and methods that will help you develop important skills to pursue careers in business and financial sectors, government services as well as further graduate study in Economics.
Faculty Research Interests
- Public Finance
- Urban economics
- Housing economics
- Economics development
- Applied econometrics
- Behavioral economics
- Environmental & Resource economics
- International economics
- Monetary economics
- Social choice theory
- Game theory
- Microeconomic theory
- Mathematical economics
- Labour economics
Program Specific Admission Requirements
Deadline for Fall: May 1
Minimum TOEFL: IBT-83
Minimum IELTS: 6.5, Academic Version
Minimum Pearson: 65
Details about course requirements can be found on the Economics Department website