The following admission requirements are applicable to all graduate programs at the University of Windsor.
You can also view additional admission requirements by program in each program's profile.
Deadlines vary by program and are noted in each program's profile.
Please note the deadlines are established as guidelines to allow candidates enough time to submit all documents and to allow the university enough time to make a decision. International candidates should attempt to apply at least six months in advance of their planned enrolment date.
APPLICATION FEE: $105 (may be higher for some programs)
METHODS OF PAYMENT:
- Important: CVD is required. (What is a CVD?)
- The OUAC cannot process credit card payments over the telephone.
- Prepaid credit cards and VISA debit cards are not accepted.
- If your credit card is declined or invalid, your application will not be processed.
- When you click “Continue”, your credit card transaction will be directed to a secure third-party for processing. When your credit card transaction is complete, you will be directed back to your application. A copy of your credit card transaction will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Mac users: Ensure that pop-ups are enabled on your computer or the secure third party transaction will time out and you will not be able to pay.
- Normally takes one to three business days.
- All payments must be made in Canadian funds.
- This is not a debit card transaction. Once you submit your application, you must proceed to your bank’s website to submit your payment. Contact your bank for further information.
- The OUAC will provide your bill payment account number after you submit your completed application. You need this number to pay for the application. If you have previously applied through the OUAC, update your bill payment account number to reflect the new number provided. The OUAC’s bill payment name is “Ontario Universities’ Application Centre” or an abbreviation of this name.
- This method allows you to pay Canadian dollar fees in the currency of your choice. It provides a simple and secure way of initiating a payment electronically.
- The OUAC will provide your bill payment account number when you submit your completed application.
Note: Due to international and domestic banking regulations, some currencies are unavailable. If your currency is unavailable, select an alternative currency (including US dollars) to ensure your application payment is processed.
References are required for all programs except for the following:
- Master of Engineering (MEng) programs - references are required only for the MEng- Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option).
You will be required to seek two to three individuals, depending on your program, to provide a reference on your behalf. The number of referees varies by program so make sure you check the individual program requirements. When completing the online application you will be required to enter the full name and contact information for each of your referees. Based on the information that you have provided in the online application your referees will be contacted via email to complete a confidential assessment.
- NOTE: Referees are contacted only after you have uploaded all of your documents in the University of Windsor electronic application system (eGAS) and have submitted the application online to the Registrar's Office. Instructions on how to do this will be emailed to you after you submit your online application and pay the application fee.
Once you have submitted your on-line application you will be emailed with instructions on how to upload your documents. At that point you are only required to upload unofficial transcripts of all postsecondary schools attended and the transcript legends. Only those applicants who receive an offer of admission will be required to submit official paper copies of their transcripts. Information on how to do so will be included if you have received an offer of acceptance.
GRADUATE RECORD EXAMINATION (GRE): Applicants whose academic credentials are difficult to assess may be required to write the GRE, administered by the Educational Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey, USA. 08540. Visit the website at www.gre.org.
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST (GMAT): M.B.A. applicants are required to take the GMAT prior to admission. Visit the website at www.mba.com.
For applicants whose native language is not English, a satisfactory score on an English proficiency test administered by one of the following institutions is required:
- TEST OF ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (TOEFL) - Visit the website at www.toefl.org.
- MICHIGAN ENGLISH LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT BATTERY (MELAB) - Offered through the English Language Institute of the University of Michigan. Visit the website at www.lsa.umich.edu/eli/melab.htm.
- CARLETON ACADEMIC ENGLISH LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT (CAEL) - Visit the website at www.cael.ca.
- INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE TESTING SYSTEM (IELTS) - Visit the website at www.ielts.org.
- PEARSON– Minimum score 65 for IELTS of 6.5, and minimum score of 68 for IELTS of 7.0. Visit website at www.pearsonpte.com
- The University of Windsor ENGLISH LANGUAGE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (ELIP) (LEVEL III) with a minimum final grade of 75%. Visit the website at www.uwindsor.ca/elip
If you are accepted, all test results should be sent directly to the University of Windsor, Office of the Registrar-Graduate Studies Division, Windsor, Ontario, N9B 3P4.
WRITING SAMPLES, PERSONAL PROFILES, RESUMES, LETTERS OF INTENT, ETC.:
All supporting documents and supplemental forms required for an application will need to be uploaded into the electronic application system (eGAS). You will be prompted once you have submitted your on-line application and paid the application fee.
- refer to each program's profile for details about any additional documents that are required.
After reviewing the application requirements, go to the STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS