We are pleased to announce the 2018-19 competition for the Ontario Women's Health Scholars Awards for graduate students involved in research in women’s health and its translation into improved health for women, more effective health services and products for women, and a strengthened health care system.
Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, a Scholar Awards Program in Women’s Health has been established to ensure that Ontario attracts and retains pre-eminent women’s health scholars. The community of women’s health scholars fostered by this Awards Program will excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge about women’s health and its translation into improved health for women, more effective health services and products for women, and a strengthened health care system,
For 2018-19, up to three awards will be made at each of the Master’s and Doctoral levels, and up to two at the Postdoctoral level:
- Master’s Awards - $25,000 plus $1,000 research allowance
- Doctoral Awards - $35,0000 plus $2,000 research allowance
- Postdoctoral Awards - $50,000 plus $5,000 research allowance
This scholarship program is administered through the Council of Ontario Universities (COU) and each applicant must be sponsored by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- The announcement and the application form can be found on the COU web site.
Application process and deadline:
Students submit their applications electronically to the Office of Graduate Studies by the deadline of Friday, December 1, 2017 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- References are also to be submitted electronically to the Graduate Studies office by this date.
- The application form can be found on the COU web site.
The Graduate Studies office will forward the applications to departments after this date for ranking, if necessary.