We are pleased to announce the nomination process for the Ontario Trillium Scholarships (OTS) for 2018-19.
The OTS program is an initiative of the Ontario Government to attract more of the best qualified international students to Ontario for PhD studies.
- Value: $40,000 annually for 4 years, provided the student remains eligible.
- Number of awards available: 3
- see Guidelines for more information:
1. Available only to new international graduate students who are applying or have applied for admission for either May 2018 or September 2018.
Students nominated for this award must not currently be studying (or have studied) at an Ontario postsecondary institution at the undergraduate or graduate level.
2. OTS recipients must have achieved a first-class average (80%, or Canadian equivalent), in each of the two years of full-time study prior to awarding of the OTS.
3. Students holding external funding (e.g., scholarships, third party tuition payments) are not eligible to be considered.
4. In order to be considered for this scholarship nominees must have submitted a complete application for admission and have received an unconditional offer of admission (including proof of English language proficiency) by February 26, 2018.
- Although international students are not eligible for Tri-Council scholarships (NSERC/SSHRC/CIHR), it is expected that candidates nominated for the OTS will be of at least the same calibre.
Programs are invited to nominate two (2) ranked candidates.
Each nomination consists of the following documents (in PDF format):
- An application form - to be completed by the student;
- A nomination form - to be completed by the graduate coordinator or department head.
Complete nominations must be emailed from the department to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26, 2018.
Applicants must check with their department for the departmental deadline.