The network supports graduate and teaching assistants in their teaching duties at the University of Windsor and helps them find resources to equip and enrich their teaching and learning experiences. The GATA Network team is comprised of two former and one current UWindsor graduate students.
- introduction to the GA/TA network (video)
- contact the GATA Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their blog, Facebook page, Twitter account, and YouTube channel for UWindsor GAs and TAs.
- review the GA/TA Training and Development Opportunities at the CTL
- check out the GA/TA Handbook, a resource manual for assistants.
- check out the blog: "Towards Better Teaching: uwindsor.ca/BetterTeaching
The GATA Network blog has a full publishing schedule. Monday to Friday, readers can find information on the theory behind teaching and learning, tips, dilemmas, scenarios, videos, comics from our own in-house comic artist, profiles of UWindsor GAs and TAs, and information about upcoming workshops, guest speakers, and special events. Comments and questions are welcome.
- CUPE 4580 Collective Agreement,
- GA/TA rates, and other general GA/TA information
- Senate Bylaw 31 – Student Affairs
- Senate Bylaw 51 – Academic Evaluation Procedures
- Senate Policy on Conduct of Exams and Tests
- Academic Integrity Office
- Centre for Teaching and Learning
- Office of Human Rights, Equity and Accessibility
- Required Training for GAs and TAs (link to online training tools)
- Graduate Student Society
- Human Resources
- Cashier’s Office
- CUPE 4580
- Student support services
- Exam Security and Cheating Prevention: A Guide for Invigilators- a copy of the workshop presentation
- Guidelines for GA/TA’s (from Trent University)
- Teaching In Lab Settings
- Questions to Students
Annual orientation workshop
The workshop is held each Fall for new graduate and teaching assistants in all faculties and departments.