The Conference Travel Support Fund for graduate students is a partnership among the Faculty of Graduate Studies; the Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation; the Deans; and the Graduate Student Society.
Funds are available to full-time graduate students who have made presentations of their research at an academic conference.
The amount of each reimbursement will not exceed $500.00 CDN for travel within North America, and $750.00 CDN for travel outside of North America.
- Must show written proof that the presentation/poster was accepted by the conference organizers for presentations.
- Must have presented at the conference and must submit a completed Conference Travel Support Fund application to the Graduate Studies within 30 days of travel.
- Must be a full-time registered student at the time of the presentation at the conference.
- Master’s students are eligible for a maximum of one (1) reimbursement within the first 6 terms of registration-see note below*
- Doctoral students are eligible for a maximum of two (2) reimbursements within the first 12 terms of registration -see note below*
- Transportation: Actual costs incurred (not mileage). These must not exceed economy airfare.
- Accommodation: Room only; meals and beverages are not covered.
- Registration fees: Separate costs of conference dinners or party events are not covered.