The student experience at the University of Windsor really is unique. One of our key defining features is the degree to which we provide international engagement for all those who choose to study at Windsor.
The University of Windsor is committed to ensuring that its graduates have an exceptional international experience; be it while on an international exchange or co-op, in the classroom with students from around the world or while engaged in out-of-class activities. The difference here is that our commitment to internationalization is embedded in the UWindsor spirit. It is, in a way, what makes the University of Windsor experience distinctive.
Our students engage with others around the world through:
- Participating in a wide array of activities and services supported by the International Students Centre
- Joining one or more of our international clubs and organizations
- Enrolling in an internationally-focused or internationally-delivered academic program
- Connecting with some of our internationally-trained professors
- Going abroad to study in another country through Student Exchange, International Co-op or Study Abroad
The city of Windsor is famous for its international flavor with large Asian and South Asian communities and tons of authentic ethnic neighborhood restaurants and stores. The city's location on the Detroit River, minutes from the United States, makes it a popular destination for international business and commerce.