There are many resources available to help you succeed:
Check out these resources on Academic Support for International Students for help succeeding as a student at the University of Windsor.
See our Money and Financial Information page for information on paying your tuition, banking, scholarships and financial estimation letters.
Learn about finding on/off-campus housing and getting a cell phone plan on our Housing and Telephone info page.
Log in to Blackboard to keep up with announcements, events and important information plus gain access to additional resources and information.
The ISC hosts fourth-year nursing students every semester to provide you with health-related support. Their mandate is to increase awareness of health matters among the international student population.
The Candian Government's website has an application and information for temporary (or permanent) residents who need to obtain a replacement copy of a document issued to them by Canadian Immigration authorities and that has been lost, stolen or destroyed.
A non-refundable fee of $30.00 applies and payment must be included with the application. You can pay online and print the receipt.
Send or take your application to:
Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document
Operations Support Centre (OSC)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
If your passport is lost as well you must arrange for this as the process varies from country to country. You will have to contact the Embassies, High Commissions or consulate of your nation in order to find out requisites, processing time, costs, etc. Once you have renewed your passport, you must then renew your study permit, and, if you are planning to travel, your entry visa.
When you transfer from one post secondary educational institution from within Canada to another, you must let Canada Immigration & Citizenship know. Follow these steps:
2. Scroll down until you find the option Transfer from DLI# to notify CIC that you are attending another designated learning institution.
3. Enter your application number. You will find this in the upper right corner of your study permit, usually beginning with S300.
4. Complete the remaining questions and submit:
- You will need you NEW institution DLI (not UWindsor's),
- your NEW student ID # and
- the exact date when you will start classes there.
The University of Windsor is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) and our number is (DLI#) O19358946722 (the first character is the capital letter O).
The Multi-Faith Space is provided to support the diversity of the University community. It is to be used for prayer/meditation and religious observances and is open to students, faculty and staff.
Student Counselling Centre
Room 293 CAW Centre
University of Windsor
Monday-Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
519-253-3000 ext 4616
- Download the MySSP app to Call or chat with a student support advisor 24/7. You will be connected with an Advisor, who can help you. Download the free app called MySSP app from your device’s app store (available on Apple and Android devices). Advisors and supporting materials are available in English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Korean, or Spanish. If you would like to speak to someone in a different language, MySSP can access licensed counsellors in up to an additional 30 languages.
The MySSP (Student Support Program) is tailored to provide connections 24 hours a day to licensed and trained counsellors who can provide advice on:
- adapting to new cultures;
- success in studies;
- relationships with family and friends;
- everyday issues while studying abroad;
- stress, anxiety, loneliness, and more.
- MySSP Staff and Faculty Reference Guide
- Good2Talk: 24 Hour Student Helpline : 1-866-925-5454
- Community Crisis Centre at Windsor Regional Hospital Ouelette campus. This includes:
- A 24-hour crisis telephone line - 519-973-4435
- 24 hour walk-in service at Ouellette Campus emergency department
At UWindsor, sexual misconduct includes all forms of sexually inappropriate behaviour and sexual violence.It includes, but is not limited to, rape and sexual assault, sexual and gender-based harassment, stalking, cyber harassment, and relationship violence.
Ignite: Work Study Program
Ignite is the University of Windsor’s Work Study program and funds approximately 400 part-time jobs on campus for students demonstrating financial need related to basic living expenses and direct educational costs. Positions offer an opportunity for both financial benefits and skills development. The program is a partnership between Student Awards & Financial Aid and Career Development & Experiential Learning.
mySuccess is our innovative web-based system that has been designed to allow UWindsor students access to job opportunities, employment-related resources.
The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is the essential discount card designed for full-time students. Each year, more than 4.5 million students worldwide get the ISIC for access to over 40,000 student discounts and benefits in 120 countries. Save at home and abroad on travel, accommodation, food and drink, entertainment, admissions to museums and cultural attractions, retail purchases and more.
To get your ISIC card visit the office of UWSA (2nd-floor CAW) and bring your validated student card and a passport size photo.
Where in the world are the international students from?
The University of Windsor welcomes students from throughout the world. The countries with the most students currently studying at the University of Windsor include: China, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran, United States, United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.