Welcome to the University of Windsor!
Overview of Information Technology Services
The Information Technology (IT) Services Department provides technology and services to University faculty, staff and students in support of the University's academic, research and administrative goals.
This article is intended to provide an overview of key technologies, services and other resources available to new faculty and staff that are supported by IT Services. Additional information regarding these areas can be found within the IT Services Service Catalogue.
- Upon activation of a UWin account, users will obtain access to required University systems, wireless networks and other tools
- Please note that this account can be set up in advance by a departmental sponsor, who will submit a request for processing by IT Services. Once setup has been completed, users can complete the acount activation process in order to access assigned systems
- IT Services provides support for the procurement and configuration of University computers (i.e. desktops, laptops)
- To support this process, the University has established preferred vendor agreements that leverage standard devices and configuration options, as well as discounted pricing
- IT Services provides support for the procurement and setup of University corporate mobile devices
- To support this process, the University has established a preferred vendor agreement that leverages standard devices and discounted pricing
To ensure a seamless transition to campus, the onboarding process can be initiated by Departments in advance of first day for a number of services:
- IT Services currently supports the Microsoft Office 365 productivity / collaboration suite of tools including:
- E-Mail, Calendar, Contacts
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher, Visio, and Project
- Set of productivity tools to support campus teaching, learning and operational activities
- Cloud file storage of up 1TB
- Microsoft Teams & Groups
- Collaborate with colleagues on a single platform for chat, meetings, file sharing, video conferencing, etc.
- Shared Mailbox
- Utilized for project or group related e-mails
Access Other Enterprise Information Systems
- UWinsite is an Enterprise Resource Planning platform that encompasses Student, Finance, Engage, Service Systems
- Blackboard is a Learning Management System (LMS) provides an online and blended learning platform tsupport grading, course management and other teaching activities
- Electronic Curriculum Vitae (eCV) system provides a common standard for documenting academic careers for faculty members
- Access AV equipment such as wireless microphones, projectors or request assistance with a related technical issue
We hope your transition into our Information Technology Services Department is smooth. A digital copy of our overview handout (PDF format) is available in the event you need more details.
A comprehensive listing of services provided by IT Services can also be referenced in the IT Services A - Z guide.