The HIV & Immigration Service Access Training Program aims to increase participants’ knowledge on and the skills to navigate the Canadian immigration/refugee system and services for immigrant, refugee and non-status people living with HIV/AIDS. This program will be offered in January of 2019 through Windsor Law's Justice Skills Workshop Series (JSWS) at the advanced level in partnership with the Committee for Accessible AIDS Treatment (CAAT).
What are the key skills gained by a participant during this program?
- Knowledge on Canada’s Immigration and Refugee policy and system
- Knowledge on service eligibility for different groups of newcomers
- Skills in advocating for and accessing services for immigrant, refugee and non-status PHAs
- Knowledge on issues affecting immigrant, refugee and non-status PHAs
- Skills in working with culturally diverse and marginalized populations
Please RSVP to this event as there are a limited number of seats available for this workshop.
Food and refreshments will be provided.