Law Library COVID 19 REMOTE SERVICES UPDATE
Note that some information may change.
Hours of Operation
The Law Library will be closing at 4:30pm today, Tuesday March 17, and re-opening with remote services only at 8:30 am tomorrow morning, Wednesday March 18, until further notice.
Book Renewals, Fines and Fees, General Information Requests:
- Schedule: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Delivery Method: Book renewals, fines and other circulation-related transactions will be handled by email only at email@example.com.
Patrons can also sign in to the library catalogue by clicking “Sign In” at the top right of the catalogue, and using your UWIN UserID and Password for some transactions.
Fines and Fees:
Overdue fines accumulated during this period will be waived. Fines do not accumulate for Faculty members.
End of year fine collection for graduating students
After April 1, 2020 all outstanding student library fines of $15.00 or more must be paid at Cashiers.
Outstanding fines under $15.00 will be waived. Please visit the following website for payment options:
Schedule: 8:30 – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
Delivery Method: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other details: We will continue to do our best to provide remote ILL services (requests for digital content only), however all patrons are advised that ILL Services will be significantly curtailed as our partner institutions at most other Universities are closing their libraries.
Schedule for Librarians: 8:30 am - 4pm Monday – Thursday. 10 am - 12 pm on Fridays;
Schedule for Student Reference Associates: 4 – 9pm Monday - Thursday, 2- 7 pm on Sundays via LiveChat only;
Delivery Method: Requests via LiveChat on the library website: www.uwindsor.ca/law/library or; via email at email@example.com (Note that emails sent to this address will generally be answered during business hours only.)
- There will be no access to print books in the library collection during this period.
- For all patrons, pay-per-use purchasing of articles may also be requested. Send such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and a librarian will review the request.
- Please visit the Law Library website at http://www.uwindsor.ca/law/library for all of your information needs. Note that by the end of the day today, on our website - we will be providing a handout that explains how to obtain electronic books for law.
- Extra copies of the McGill Guide are now available on the reserves shelf. Law Librarians will have a copy of the McGill Guide at home with them and are available to assist with citation.
Thanks so much for your patience and co-operation!
Annette L. Demers BA LLB MLIS | Law Librarian
Please send your feedback to email@example.com