Applications for the 2019-20 academic year are due by February 1, 2019. For more information about program specifics, consult the graduate calendar for the MFA in Visual Art and MFA in Film & Media Arts.
Application procedures and requirements:
- Begin your online application with the Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Have an Honours B.A. with a major in Visual Arts or Media Arts (or from equivalent undergraduate programs in cognate disciplines who are engaged in the study of art and/or, culture).
- Have attained at least a 73% average in undergraduate courses.
- Have successfully completed course work in art history, visual culture or related cultural theory (applicants may be considered for the program with the stipulation that deficiences be made up).
- Present transcripts of all university and/or college-level work.
- Present three letters of recommendation.
- A 500-word letter of intent outlining your studio interests, why you are interested in pursuing an MFA at the University of Windsor, and what kind of work you plan to produce in the program.
- A current Curriculum Vitae (C.V.).
- English Proficiency Tests: For applicants whose native language is not English, a minimum score of 220 on the TOEFL English proficiency test or 6.5 on the IELTS is required.
- A portfolio of recent work must be sent directly to the School of Creative Arts [see portfolio specifications below].
Applications for admission to the Master of Fine Arts programs must be complete by February 1, 2019 to be considered for financial awards from the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
If you need clarification on any of the above information, please contact email@example.com / phone (519) 253-3000 x 2829.
All submissions must include a separate document listing title, date, medium and dimensions for each image/video. Send your digital portfolio on CD, DVD or flash drive in the following manner:
Attn: Graduate Review Committee
School of Creative Arts
University of Windsor
37 University Ave. E.
Windsor, ON Canada N9A 3A4
Submit 20 JPEG images
Image resolution should not exceed 1024×768
Disc must be Mac and PC compatible
No PowerPoint or PDF doc files, please
Submit 3 video samples on DVD
Videos may also be submitted on CD as Quicktime (.MOV) files
Files should not exceed 10 minutes in length
DVDs must be encoded Region 1 (Canada/USA)