Spaces are now filled for Fall 2015 intake.
This primarily online program is open to health care professionals with a completed health-care related undergraduate honour degree and a minimum of two years' experience in a health-related field. We welcome applications from health care professionals, including nurses, physicians, physician assistants, physiotherapists, dentists, social workers, psychologists, etc.
A partnership with the de Souza Institute will afford health care professionals seeking advanced preparation in oncology and palliative care a unique opportunity for professional development at the graduate level. Students will learn using a combination of the University of Windsor’s online collaborative educational environment and state-of-the-art on-site simulation facility, making it accessible to health care professionals across Canada and beyond.
The de Souza Institute will contribute to course development and student support for those taking the graduate level diploma. Established in 2008, the institute provides educational support and professional development to health care professionals caring for cancer patients and families. The institute’s role in this partnership will be to support research training in oncology, to co-host some of the course offerings, and to facilitate clinical placements in 14 Ontario regional cancer centres. This unique model of learning between the University of Windsor and de Souza Institute will ensure that students pursuing advanced practice education have access to the latest standards in cancer and palliative care.
- See the Graduate Calendar for admission criteria and course details.
- Admission requirements (scroll down to Nursing)
- To apply, complete the Online Application. Students must also complete an applicant profile and additional forms. Note: Applications must be received by February 15, or until seats filled. Spaces are still available and applications are still being accepted for Fall 2015 intake.
Media/news about this new program:
- Joint press release (University of Windsor/de Souza Institute)
- VIEW magazine feature article - see page 21
- Article in Spring 2013 Cancer Care Ontario Provincial Oncology Nursing Newsletter
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Laurie Freeman-Gibb
Faculty of Nursing
Dr. Michelle Freeman
Faculty of Nursing