Note: This program is currently on hold/under review, and is not accepting any new students.
This primarily online program is open to health care professionals with a completed health-care related undergraduate honour degree and a minimum of two years' experience in a health-related field. We welcome applications from health care professionals, including nurses, physicians, physician assistants, physiotherapists, dentists, social workers, psychologists, etc.
A partnership with the de Souza Institute will afford health care professionals seeking advanced preparation in oncology and palliative care a unique opportunity for professional development at the graduate level. Students will learn using a combination of the University of Windsor’s online collaborative educational environment and state-of-the-art on-site simulation facility, making it accessible to health care professionals across Canada and beyond.
The de Souza Institute contributes to course development and student support for those taking the graduate level diploma. Established in 2008, the institute provides educational support and professional development to health care professionals caring for cancer patients and families. The institute’s role in this partnership will be to support research training in oncology, to co-host some of the course offerings, and to facilitate clinical placements in 14 Ontario regional cancer centres. This unique model of learning between the University of Windsor and de Souza Institute will ensure that students pursuing advanced practice education have access to the latest standards in cancer and palliative care.
- Brochure - currently being updated
- See the Graduate Calendar for admission criteria and course details.
- Admission requirements
- Application instructions: Please contact the Faculty of Nursing for further information.
- Note: Applications with required documents must be received by February 1.
- View additional details about this program
Media/news about this new program:
- Joint press release (.pdf) (University of Windsor/de Souza Institute)
- Article in Spring 2013 Cancer Care Ontario Provincial Oncology Nursing Newsletter (.pdf)
For more information, please contact:
Mrs. Anne Dennahower
Faculty of Nursing
Dr. Dale Rajacich
Faculty of Nursing