- Confirmation of successful completion of a Bachelor of Education (or equivalent) from an academic institution approved the University of Windsor. Applicants with a four year honours degree in related fields may be considered.
- Evidence of having obtained a cumulative grade point average of 70% and at least a 70% average in the last two years of your academic studies (when converted to Ontario standards)
- Demonstrated English proficiency by meeting or exceeding a 7.0 score in the IELTS test or a TOEFL score of 100 (ibt)*
- A successful interview with a representative from the University of Windsor.
- Three supportive letters of reference (at least one from an academic source)
*English programming is available if you need extra training prior to entry into the academic program or have received lower than the required test score. A supplementary Academic Writing course may also be required.
Enrolment is limited. Preference will be given to candidates who exceed the above minimum requirements and who have at least one year of successful professional experience in education. Please visit our web site for the application instructions.
Additional admission requirements:
Other application details that will need to be completed are:
- Completed application form
- Application fee (payable at the time of application)
- Statement of Purpose describing your intent to study (approximately one page in length)
- Current resume
Note: Master of Education students are required to take a 6 week Pre-graduate Preparatory Program prior to starting the degree in September. Students must be in Canada by mid-July to begin this program.