This exciting course-based graduate program, offered by the Faculty of Science, gives students an opportunity to enhance their understanding and skills in the discipline of actuarial sciences. Over 16 consecutive months, students complete Master's level course work in industry relevant areas, such as derivatives markets, life contingencies, micro- and macro-economics.
As a professional graduate program, alumni of the M.Act.Sc program are well prepared for careers in insurance, financial analysis, pensions, and healthcare industries. Graduates can also participate in the regular offerings of the Society of Actuaries (SOA) exams offered on-site.
The curriculum covers actuarial mathematics as required for the following Society of Actuaries (SOA) professional exams:
- P (Probability),
- FM (financial mathematics),
- MLC (actuarial Models: Life Contingencies),
- MFE (actuarial Models: Financial Economics),
- C (Construction and evaluation of actuarial models)*, and
- SOA VEE (validation by educational experience)
*Partial preparation for the SOA "C" exam
- Course Offerings
- Admission Requirements
- Apply Now
- Webinars and Information Sessions
- Contact Information