Admission Questions

How do I begin my application process
The application process begins by submission of an online application which can be accessed through the web pages of the program that you are applying for. The OUAC application can also be accessed by logging into OUAC graduate application at this link. An application fee of $165 CAD is applicable. Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an email with details regarding the documents required as part of your application package and instructions for uploading them to the Electronic Graduate Application System (eGAS). Please do not mail any official documents to the University of Windsor until you have received specific instructions to do so.

Once the online application has been submitted, can I change the information on my application?
You will not be able to access your application once it has been submitted (after the application fee has been paid). For any changes that need to be made prior to the submission of the application, please contact the CEPE by emailing us at Specify your Last name, First name and Student number to enable us to connect your information to your online application.

I have submitted my online application and have an OUAC reference number. What do I do next?
Once your application fee has been paid and the online application has been submitted through OUAC, your application will be transferred to the University of Windsor. This transfer may take up to 48 hours. Once received, a Student ID number (SID) and Personal Access Code (PAC) will be generated and communicated to you via email. Please quote this SID in all communication regarding your application. The email will also detail all further steps required for the efficient and accurate processing of your application.

When will I get information about my admission?
After your application package has been received at our office, it takes approximately 8 weeks for a final decision to be made regarding your admission. You may track the status of your application on your eGAS portal. At the time of initial review, we will contact you if additional documents are required. Formal notification regarding admission will be communicated by email, and can also be accessed in your eGAS portal. All communication will be made to the email address provided on your application form.

Can I apply even though my application package is not complete?
You may begin your application process at any time. All complete applications are processed on a "first come first served basis". Only complete application packages will be reviewed. A complete list of the documents required as part of the application package is available on our website.

My English language test score is not available, but I want to submit my application and application package.
The inclusion of the English language proficiency score in the application package is not a mandatory requirement unless you are applying to the Master of Management programs. You may submit the application and application package in the absence of language proficiency scores and if approved, a conditional offer of admission may be issued. Please note that English language proficiency requirements of the program have to be met prior to registration into courses.

How can I meet the English language proficiency requirements of the program?
English language proficiency requirements of the program may be met by submission of standardized test scores like IELTS/TOEFL/ MELAB/CAEL/PTE or by taking a placement test at the Centre for English Language Development at the University of Windsor. More information about the test is available at their website (

My language proficiency score does not meet the requirements of the program. Can I still apply?
You are still encouraged to apply with a score that does not meet the language requirements of the program or in the absence of a language proficiency score. If you are deemed qualified for admission by the academic review committee, a pathway will be provided for your language training, before beginning graduate course work. Please note that language requirements of the program have to be met prior to registration into courses. Additional fees for English language programs will apply.

What will be the duration of the work permit issued to me after completion of the program?
Work permits are issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and information about the process is available at The International Student Centre at the University of Windsor is also a good resource and more information is available at

I already accepted my offer of admission, but UWinsite Student shows my application is still "In Process".
The UWinsite Student system provides students with access to a wide range of online services which include; course registration, updating your address and email, apply to graduate, view your progress towards your degree, view your exam and course schedule, view applications, view your grades, view your financial account information including online tax forms, and much more. While UWinsite Student is extremely helpful once you are a confirmed student, it does not necessarily reflect the most updated status of your application during the initial stages of the application process. 

How can I check the status of my application?
You can request a status update at any time by sending an email to  Due to the high volumes of email inquiries, we do our best to respond within two business days. Please remember to include your full name, date of birth and student number in all correspondence with the University.