Step 1: Complete the online application through the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC) and pay fee.
- Identify your references. NOTE: Your application will remain incomplete until all references that you have entered are received. Insert only 2 referee names unless your program specifically requires 3 references (Psychology, Nursing, Phd in Computer Science, Kinesiology, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Sociology, Education and Visual Arts).
- Pay the application fee.
- Once your payment has been processed (may take up to two business days), you will receive an email with further instructions how to proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Activate UWin ID
If you already have an active UWin ID proceed to Step 3.
- use the student number and personal access code provided in the email from Step 1 to activate your UWin account.
- you will receive an email with your activated UWin username and password.
Step 3: Upload your documents
- follow the instructions in the confirmation email from Step 1 to log into the University's electronic application system (eGAS) with your activated UWin username and password and upload your required documents (in PDF format).
- once you have uploaded all required documents and confirmed your referees information, click on "Submit Application". You must click on "Submit Application" otherwise your application will not be completed.
- after you click on "Submit Application", referees will receive an automatic e-mail notification to complete the electronic confidential report forms.
If you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to begin? APPLY NOW
Please note the deadlines are established as guidelines to allow candidates enough time to submit all documents and to allow the university enough time to make a decision. International candidates should attempt to apply at least six months in advance of their planned enrolment date. As well, make sure that you have reviewed the departments' requirements in detail, as there may be additional supplemental forms required (see Graduate Admission Requirements).
Admission deadlines vary by program and are noted in each program's section below. Applicants who also wish to be considered for scholarships must submit a complete application package by the following deadlines:
May 1 for September admission
September 1 for January admission
January 1 for May admission
APPLICATION FEE - $105 (Some programs may be higher)
Methods of Payment
Credit Card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express)
- Important: CVD is required. (What is a CVD?)
- The OUAC cannot process credit card payments over the telephone.
- Prepaid credit cards and VISA debit cards are not accepted.
- If your credit card is declined or invalid, your application will not be processed.
- When you click “Continue”, your credit card transaction will be directed to a secure third party for processing. When your credit card transaction is complete, you will be directed back to your application. A copy of your credit card transaction will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Mac users: Ensure that pop-ups are enabled on your computer or the secure third party transaction will time out and you will not be able to pay.
Online Banking (Canadian Banks and Credit Unions Only)
- Normally takes one to three business days.
- All payments must be made in Canadian funds.
- This is not a debit card transaction. Once you submit your application, you must proceed to your bank’s website to submit your payment. Contact your bank for further information.
- The OUAC will provide your bill payment account number after you submit your completed application. You need this number to pay for the application. If you have previously applied through the OUAC, update your bill payment account number to reflect the new number provided. The OUAC’s bill payment name is “Ontario Universities’ Application Centre” or an abbreviation of this name.
Western Union Business Solutions – GlobalPay for Students
(Bank-to-Bank Transfer for International Payments Only)
- This method allows you to pay Canadian dollar fees in the currency of your choice. It provides a simple and secure way of initiating a payment electronically.
- The OUAC will provide your bill payment account number when you submit your completed application.
Note: Due to international and domestic banking regulations, some currencies are unavailable. If your currency is unavailable, select an alternative currency (including US dollars) to ensure your application payment is processed.
CONFIDENTIAL REPORT FORMS
You will be required to seek two to three individuals (excluding the Master of Applied Science-International Masters program), depending on your program, to provide a reference on your behalf. The number of referees varies by program so make sure you check the individual program requirements. When completing the online application you will be required to enter the full name and contact information for each of your referees. Based on the information that you have provided in the online application your referees will be contacted via email to complete a confidential assessment. NOTE: Referees are contacted only after you have uploaded all of your documents in the University of Windsor electronic application system (eGAS) and have submitted the application on-line to the Registrar's Office. Instructions on how to do this will be emailed to you after you submit your on-line application and pay the application fee.
Once you have submitted your on-line application you will be emailed with instructions on how to upload your documents. At that point you are only required to upload unofficial transcripts of all postsecondary schools attended and the transcript legends. Only those applicants who receive an offer of admission will be required to submit official paper copies of their transcripts. Information on how to do so will be included if you have received an offer of acceptance.
WRITING SAMPLES, PERSONAL PROFILES, RESUMES, LETTERS OF INTENT, ETC
All supporting documents and supplemental forms required for an application will need to be uploaded into the electronic application system (eGAS). You will be prompted once you have submitted your on-line application and paid the application fee.
ADMISSIONS AND DEFERRALS
Admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies is by letter of offer from the Dean of Graduate Studies. A decision to admit or not to admit is made on the basis of a recommendation received from an academic unit together with the documents required for admission. A decision may be reconsidered upon the request of the applicant if further information is offered.
Applicants who have not been admitted to the Faculty of Graduate Studies may upgrade their qualifications and reapply. A subsequent decision would be made on the basis of a further recommendation by the academic unit and the updated file.
Offers of admission are made for a specific term, and, with the approval of the program, acceptance may be deferred for one term only. Students wishing to be considered for admission at a later date will normally be required to complete a new application and to resubmit their documents.
GRADUATE RECORD EXAMINATION (GRE) - Applicants whose academic credentials are difficult to assess may be required to write the GRE, administered by the Educational Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey, USA. 08540. Visit the website at www.gre.org.
GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST (GMAT) - M.B.A. applicants are required to take the GMAT prior to admission. Visit the website at www.mba.com.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TESTS
For applicants whose native language is not English, a satisfactory score on an English proficiency test administered by one of the following institutions is required:
TEST OF ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (TOEFL) - Visit the website at www.toefl.org.
MICHIGAN ENGLISH LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT BATTERY (MELAB) - Offered through the English Language Institute of the University of Michigan. Visit the website at www.lsa.umich.edu/eli/melab.htm.
CARLETON ACADEMIC ENGLISH LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT (CAEL) - Visit the website at www.cael.ca.
INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE TESTING SYSTEM (IELTS) - Visit the website at www.ielts.org.
The University of Windsor ENGLISH LANGUAGE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (ELIP) (LEVEL III) with a minimum final grade of 75%. Visit the website at /elip
If you are accepted, all test results should be sent directly to the University of Windsor, Office of the Registrar-Graduate Studies Division, Windsor, Ontario, N9B 3P4.