How to Apply to an Undergraduate Program for International Students

Online Application for Undergraduate International Students.

  1. If you reside outside Canada or the USA, and
    ► You are not a Canadian citizen, and
    ► You are not currently attending an Ontario secondary school (in Ontario or abroad),
    please use the OUAC online application.
  2. If you live in Canada or the USA, please apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC).

The Application Process:

Following the receipt of your application, you will

  1. Receive a confirmation email message of your application.
  2. As we review your application, you may be asked for additional documentation:
    1. All marksheets/transcripts from your last 4 years of high school and any university or college study that you have completed.

      If you are in your last year of high school, try to obtain your official mid-term results or "predicted grades" from your school If you are in university, provide your latest final grades, and a list of all courses in which you are presently registered. Any syllabus/course description available will assist the University in assessing your transcript for potential transfer credit/advanced standing. The syllabus should be the official English translations.

    2. Proof of English language proficiency.

      Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English to be considered for admission. This can be demonstrated in the following ways:

      1) A minimum score of 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or

      2) A minimum score of 60 on the Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL); or

      3) Successful completion of the University of Windsor's English Language Improvement Program (ELIP) (level III) with a minimum final grade of 75%; or

      4) A minimum score of 85 on the English Proficiency Test administered by the English Language Institute of the University of Michigan (MELAB); or

      5) A minimum score of 220 with a T.W.E. 4.5 on the Computer-based Test, 83 with an essay score of 20 on the Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (T.O.E.F.L.); or

      6) Receive a minimum of five-semester transfer credits based on work completed ­at a recognized English-speaking University. (Normally, students must have at least one term of full-time study.); or

      7) Receive a minimum of one year of transfer credit based on work completed at a non-university post-secondary institution with above average standing; or

      8) Have completed all secondary or post-secondary education in English speaking countries such as the UK, West Indies and other countries as specified by the undergraduate admissions office; or

      9) Can demonstrate that they have completed three years of full-time secondary or post-secondary study in a school where the language of instruction is English (e.g. in a British, Canadian, American or Australian Curriculum or an international diploma like the International Baccalaureate) and can demonstrate English proficiency. In some cases an English proficiency test may still be required; or

      10) Applicants who do not satisfy the above requirements and wish exemption must provide the Admissions Office with a letter detailing the reasons for their appeal and include a letter of recommendation from their Secondary School principal or designate. The Manager of Undergraduate Admissions or Director of International Admissions assesses the request for exemption of this requirement.

  3. You will be instructed where to submit the requested documents.


Need help?


and select the topic Admissions - International Undergraduate for assistance.

English Language Proficiency Exempt Universities