Cheques Sent Directly to Researchers and Unsolicited Funding

Cheques Sent Directly to Researchers

Occasionally sponsors remit payments directly to the researcher or the researcher's department. Researchers or administrators who receive such a payment should forward it to the Office of Research and Innovation Services so that it may be forwarded to Research Finance.

Include the following information:

Unsolicited Funding

Sometimes, researchers get funding "with no strings attached." If this happen, you still need to let ORIS know so we can obtain the necessary information/documentation from you to set up your project.

Special Bases

If you receive money to supplement an existing, ongoing project, send the cheque to:

Financial Services
Research Accounts Receivable