Internal Grant: Academic Development Travel Grant
Deadline: June 15, 2015
Travel grants are available to faculty and librarian members holding probationary and tenured appointments. As well, those holding limited term appointments will be considered providing they are under contract for the year in which the travel will occur. Funds are awarded for presenting an academic paper, poster, or artistic exhibition at a conference. A maximum of $1,000 is allowed for each award. For further information, the ADTF guidelines and criteria for the award, as well as the application form and process for submission please visit the ORIS website. Any further inquiries can be sent to Diane Awram in ORIS at ext. 3919, e-mail - email@example.com.
NSERC Program Update
As of April 1st, 2015, the three NSERC grants formerly known as Interaction, Regional Opportunities Fund and Partnership Workshops were combined into one grant, called Connect. Connect funding will be available at three levels: Level 1 - up to $5,000, Level 2 - up to $10,000 and Level 3 - up to $25,000.
All Connect Grants must be submitted through the NSERC Research Partnerships Secure Upload Site, not by email or the online system. Additionally, Connect Grant applications will require an institutional/organization signature in addition to the applicant’s signature before submission. NSERC turnaround time for Connect applications is within 30 days.
The Connect Grant website is found: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Professors-Professeurs/RPP-PP/Connect-Connexion_eng.asp
Which SSHRC Grant is Right for what you do?
Natasha Wiebe, Research Funding Officer - Social Sciences, Humanities & Health Research, has prepared a handy chart to help you decide which SSHRC funding opportunity is best for your research. To find it go to the ORIS web page entitled Preparing Grants/Contracts and then click on the link entitled "What SSHRC grant is the best fit for what I want to do."
Application Deadlines for Major Agencies
- FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – May 5, 2015
- ORS deadline for review – May 19, 2015
- SSHRC deadline – June 2, 2015, 4 pm (anticipated)
- ORIS deadline for Notification of Intent – May 20, 2015
- Seeds4Hope deadline for Notification of Intent – May 26, 2015, 4 pm
- FAHSS deadline for draft application (c/o E.Maticka-Tyndale) – June 9, 2015
- ORIS deadline for draft application – June 16, 2015
- Seeds4Hope deadline for application – June 30, 2015, 4 pm
- ORIS deadline for review – July 20, 2015. Applications submitted after this date may receive a cursory review for completeness rather than suggestions for strengthening the proposal.
- Deadline for submission to SSHRC – By 4 pm on August 3, 2015 (Subsequent Connection Grant competitions have deadlines of November 1, 2015, February 1, 2016, and May 1, 2016.)
- Schedule meeting to plan application (c/o N. Wiebe, ORIS) – May, 2015
- FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – October 30, 2015
- ORIS deadline for final review – November 16, 2015
- Deadline for submission to SSHRC – By 4 pm on November 30, 2015.