New Membership Level Means More Opportunities with Mitacs
Mitacs is a national, private, not-for-profit organization with a mandate to drive innovation in Canada through their internship programs. Recently the University of Windsor raised its membership level in Mitacs to full partner status. As a full partner, UWindsor faculty and students have increased access to more of Mitacs' global initiatives such as the Globalink Research Internship. Additionally, UWindsor now benefits from having a full time Business Development Specialist, Katie Facecchia, with an office right here on campus. Katie works closely with our faculty members across all disciplines as well as industry partners and through Mitacs is able to connect UWindsor researchers with other institutions and industry throughout Canada.
For more information contact Katie Facecchia at 519 253-3000 x 5990 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New Technology Transfer Intern
The Office of Research and Innovation Services welcomes Gayathri Sivakumar, the new Intern for the Ontario Brain Institute. She is a recent MSc graduate in Biological Sciences from the University of Windsor and is working to apply her scientific knowledge and skills to the fields of technology transfer and research commercialization.
Upcoming ORIS Workshops
You can now sign up online for ORIS workshops.
The Canadian Common CV (CCV) is required for many grant applications, including CIHR, NSERC Discovery, and SSHRC Insight Development. Our CCV Lab Series allows you to complete your CCV with minimal interruption and immediate answers to questions.
Next Lab: Tuesday, August 25 from 9:00 - 12:00
Application Deadlines for Major Agencies
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally;
- Develop their leadership potential; and
- Position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow, positively contributing to Canada's economic, social and research-based growth through a research-intensive career.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program will be distinguished from existing postdoctoral fellowships programs by its emphasis on the synergy between an applicant’s individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career and the host institution’s commitment to the research program and environment with which the applicant is to be affiliated. As such, an applicant’s application to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program must be completed in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
The program will fund 70 new awards annually. The fellowships will be distributed equally across the three federal granting agencies (NSERC, SSHRC and CIHR).
ORIS internal deadline: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 (applicants are strongly encouraged to contact us as soon as possible)
Note: Applications to this competition will go through an internal adjudication process. As such, applicants are asked to submit their application to the ORIS by this date including:
- Research Proposal
- Research Contributions
- Significance of Leadership Contributions
- Special Circumstances (if applicable)
- Supervisor’s Statement
For additional eligibility requirements, please review the complete program guidelines. (http://banting.fellowships-bourses.gc.ca/app-dem/elig-adm-eng.html)
**Please note: Applications received after the internal adjudication process will not be considered for submission.
- FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – October 30, 2015
- ORIS deadline for final review – November 16, 2015
- Deadline for submission to SSHRC – By 4 pm on November 30, 2015.
- Notice of Intent due Monday, August 17, 2015. Please notify NatashaWiebe, ORIS, of your intent to apply for an Insight Grant. (This NOI is a courtesy, intended to help ORIS better support you. Note that a formal NOI is not required by SSHRC in 2015.)
- Peer review of draft application: Thursday, September 24, 2015. FAHSS applicants-- Provide Eleanor Maticka-Tyndale with (1) Word files of your draft application, and (2) a completed ORIS form signed by you and your department head. Other UWindsor applicants– Contact the appropriate person within your department for a review.
- ORIS review of draft application: Thursday, October 1, 2015. To receive institutional approval, and feedback that will strengthen your application, send the following to NatashaWiebe: (1) Word files of your draft application, and (2) a completed ORIS form signed by you, your department head (if applicable), and the dean.
- SSHRC deadline for full application: Thursday, October 15, 2015 by 4 pm. Try to submit 2 business days earlier to avoid last-minute technical difficulties with SSHRC’s new online system.
2nd Annual Glow Ride, August 15
The University of Windsor is proud to be a sponsor of the 2015 Windsor Essex County Cancer Centre Foundation Glow Ride.
August 15, 7:00pm - 11:00pm. $35 - $45
The Glow Ride is an opportunity to light up your bike and go for a ride along the Ganatchio Trail while raising money for a good cause. The proceeds from the Glow Ride will go to Seeds4Hope which funds new and innovative cancer research right here in Windsor.
Bikes will be decorated with glow sticks and LED lights and riders are encouraged to sport their best "glow" wear.