NEW - NSERC Engage Plus Grants - Until Feb. 3, 2014
New option following an NSERC Engage Grant
The NEW NSERC Engage follow-on opportunity - Engage Plus Grants will support a completed Engage project for an additional six months of activity so that the partners can build on progress in the Engage Grant and/or continue the project while seeking longer term funding support.
Key highlights include:
NSERC and the industrial partner will both contribute cash towards the direct costs of the project. NSERC will match the cash contribution of the industry partner up to a maximum of $12,500. Any portion of the industry partner’s cash contribution that the university requests as overhead will not be matched by NSERC.
The project must involve the same university researcher and the same industrial partner.
Intellectual property developed during an Engage Plus Grant belongs to the industry partner.
The application process follows the same, simple steps as in an Engage Grant.
Decisions will be communicated by NSERC within four to six weeks.
An Engage Grant project can only be awarded one Engage Plus Grant.
NSERC will accept applications for an Engage Plus Grant that builds on any completed Engage Grant project until February 3, 2014. Afterwards, Engage Plus Grants will only be accepted within the final month of the Engage Grant, or within the six month period following the end of the grant.
NEW - Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TCPS 2)
The Panel on Research Ethics announces the release of proposed revisions to the 2nd edition of the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TCPS 2)
The University's REB will submit a written response to the proposed changes, some of which will have a direct impact on research at our university. If you have questions about the proposed changes or wish to provide comments, please feel free to send these to the REB (email@example.com). The deadline for submission to PRE is January 15, 2014. The link to PRE's communique including the links to proposed changes is:
The submission deadline dates for 2014 as well as the REB meeting dates have been posted on the REB website (uwindsor.ca/reb).
REB Welcomes Trish Reid - Interim REB Coordinator
The Research Ethics Board would like to welcome Trish Reid into her interim role as REB Coordinator in Research Ethics. Please join us in welcoming Trish to the University of Windsor. Trish can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Ext. 3948.
Academic Travel Grant
Deadline: February 20, 2014
Travel grants are available to faculty and librarian members holding probationary and tenured appointments. As well, those holding limited term appointments will be considered providing they are under contract for the year in which the travel will occur. Funds are awarded for presenting an academic paper, poster, or artistic exhibition at a conference. A maximum of $1,000 is allowed for each award. For further information, the ADTF guidelines and criteria for the award, as well as the application form and process for submission please visit the ORS website. Any further inquiries can be sent to Diane Awram in ORS at ext. 3919, e-mail - email@example.com.
NSERC & SSHRC Encourages Researchers to Start CCV
The Canadian Common CV (CCV) will gradually be incorporated into the application process for NSERC and SSHRC opportunities over the coming years. It is now required for:
• NSERC Discovery NOI & application
• NSERC Subatomic Physics Grant
• SSHRC Insight Development
• Most CIHR funding opportunities
Transition to the CCV is a major endeavour and may take 1 or 2 full days. NSERC and SSHRC encourage everyone using the CCV to start filling it out as early as possible.
Application Deadlines for Major Agencies
SSHRC Connection Grant
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – At least 1 week before you submit to ORS
• ORS deadline for review – At least 1 week before you wish to submit to SSHRC
• SSHRC deadline – Anytime
SSHRC Insight Development Grant
• Canadian Common CV now required – Create asap with the assistance of Samantha Suntres, ORS (ext. 3914) (SSHRC’s recommendation: Set aside 1 full day to complete CCV)
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – Jan 3, 2014 (If you have missed this deadline, please submit as soon as possible)
• ORS deadline for review – Jan 17, 2014
• SSHRC deadline – Feb 3, 2014, 4 pm, since the annual deadline of February 1 falls on a weekend. Try to submit 2 days early to avoid last-minute technical problems on SSHRC’s online system.
SSHRC Partnership Grant Letter of Intent
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – Jan 17, 2014
• ORS deadline for review – Feb 1, 2014 (Recommended: Make appointment with Natasha Wiebe at 6 months prior to plan application)
• SSHRC deadline – Feb 18, 2014, 4pm, (as the annual deadline of February 15 falls on a holiday weekend).
CIHR Open Operating Grant: Winter 2014 Competition
• Registration on ResearchNET – Feb 3, 2013, 8 pm
• Update Canadian Common CV – Asap due to changes to CCV system
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – Feb 10, 2014
• ORS deadline for review – Feb 17, 2014
• CIHR deadline – March 3, 2014, 4 pm (Try to submit 2 days early to avoid last-minute technical problems on ResearchNET).
CIHR Planning and Dissemination Grant: Winter 2014 Competition
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – February 3, 2014
• ORS deadline for review – February 10, 2014
• CIHR deadline - February 18, 2014, 4 pm (Try to submit 2 days early to avoid last-minute technical issues on ResearchNET)
SSHRC Aid to Scholarly Journals
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – May 16, 2014
• ORS deadline for review – May 23, 2014
• SSHRC deadline – June 2, 2014, 4 pm (as the annual deadline of June 1, 2014, falls on a weekend)
Pivot Database: Research Funding Opportunities
Pivot provides the most comprehensive, editorially maintained database of funding opportunities for research, fellowships, travel grants, and more. It integrates with a unique database of 3 million pre-populated scholar profiles which makes finding funding and collaborators in one location quick and easy.
Visit the Pivot database.