In March 2014, the Office of Research Services officially became the Office of Research and Innovation Services (ORIS). The addition of “Innovation” to our name reflects our ongoing commitment to provide support that facilitates not only the creative and investigative research activities of University of Windsor faculty, students, and staff, but also the translation of the fruits of this knowledge and expertise to the wider community for the betterment of society as whole. Going forward, ORIS will expand on the broad range of services currently provided promoting the mobilization of academic research. Increased emphasis on fostering collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders from the community, government, and industry, technology transfer, and entrepreneurship will help ensure our success in achieving this goal.
During the fall of 2014, ORIS and Research Finance will relocate from Chrysler Hall Tower to the new Innovation Centre currently under construction. This move will consolidate research and innovation services in one location, facilitating enhanced service delivery to our internal and external clientele.
Intellectual Property Law and Commercialization Professional Development Workshop
June 9-13, 2014. Mississauga ON
Are you an entrepreneur or inventor? Do you work with innovative people who need to protect their intellectual assets? This professional development workshop is for you.
Offered in partnership with the University of Windsor Faculty of Law and the Centre for Executive and Professional Education, this 5 day workshop will give participants an opportunity to gain or improve their current knowledge of intellectual property law and IP commercialization and management strategies.
For more information:
T: 866-419-0685 ext 33
Academic Development Travel Grant
Deadline: June 20, 2014
Travel grants are available to faculty and librarian members holding probationary and tenured appointments. As well, those holding limited term appointments will be considered providing they are under contract for the year in which the travel will occur. Funds are awarded for presenting an academic paper, poster, or artistic exhibition at a conference. A maximum of $1,000 is allowed for each award. For further information, the ADTF guidelines and criteria for the award, as well as the application form and process for submission please visit the ORIS website. Any further inquiries can be sent to Diane Awram in ORIS at ext. 3919, e-mail - email@example.com.
CCV Labs for Faculty & Grad Students
Computer Centre Classroom
• Come work on your CCV
• Tri-Council grant requirement
• On-site support
Choose from 4 dates/times:
Thursday, May 22, 2014 – 1 to 4 pm
Wednesday, June 18 – 9 to noon
Wednesday, July 16 – 1 to 4 pm
Wednesday, August 27 – 9 to noon
Register with Natasha Wiebe, 519-253-3000 x 3953.
Application Deadlines for Major Agencies
Seeds4Hope (seed grants for local cancer researchers)
• ORIS deadline for Notification of Intent – May 20, 2014 NEW!
• Seeds4Hope deadline for Notification of Intent – May 26, 2014, 4 pm
• FAHSS deadline for draft application (c/o E.Maticka-Tyndale) – June 9, 2014
• ORIS deadline for draft application – June 16, 2014
• Seeds4Hope deadline for application – June 30, 2014, 4 pm
SSHRC Connection Grant
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – At least 1 week before you submit to ORIS
• ORIS deadline for review – At least 1 week before you wish to submit to SSHRC
• SSHRC deadline – Anytime
SSHRC Insight Grant
• Canadian Common CV now required – Create with the assistance of Samantha Suntres, ORS (ext. 3914)
• SSHRC Notification of Intent – Aug 15, 2014 (to be confirmed). NOI is mandatory, but all details except applicant/principal investigator name can be modified in full application.
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – Sept 24, 2014 (to be confirmed)
• ORIS deadline for review of draft application – Oct 1, 2014 (to be confirmed)
• SSHRC deadline for full application – Oct 15, 2014, 4 pm (anticipated). ORS recommends you submit at least 2 days early to avoid last-minute technical difficulties with SSHRC’s online system.
SSHRC Partnership Development Grant
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – Nov 10, 2014 (to be confirmed)
• ORIS deadline for review – Nov 17, 2014 (to be confirmed). Recommended: Make appointment with Natasha Wiebe at least 6 months in advance to plan application.
• SSHRC deadline – December 1, 2014, 4 pm (to be confirmed)
SSHRC Aid to Scholarly Journals
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – May 16, 2014
• ORIS deadline for review – May 23, 2014
• SSHRC deadline – June 2, 2014, 4 pm (as the annual deadline of June 1, 2014, falls on a weekend)