Epic Innovation - NEW Campus-wide Entrepreneurship and Commercialization Initiative
Championed by President Wildeman, Dr. Conway (Dean, Odette) and Dr. Siu (VP Research and Innovation), EPICentre (Entrepreneurship Practice & Innovation Centre) is now a campus-wide entrepreneurship and commercialization initiative.
Building on the success of the Centre for Enterprise and Law (CEL), EPICentre will continue to deliver entrepreneurial programming and education, ranging from workshops, guest speakers, competitions to internship programs and more. The objective of EPICentre is to cultivate entrepreneurship on campus as well as in the Windsor-Essex region. All entrepreneurial programming and education will be delivered by the Odette School of Business faculty, students and staff. For more information on EPICentre and its programs and activities, please contact Dr. Francine Schlosser @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Nicole Sleiman @ email@example.com.
To further support innovative ventures created by students and the communities, EPICentre will soon have a physical incubator space on campus. This 9,000 square foot incubation space named EPIC Innovation will be located on the second floor of the newly completed Innovation Centre and is slated to open in Fall 2014. The Office of Research and Innovation Services will manage this space, technology transfer, as well as industry liaison. Please contact Heather Pratt @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Wen Teoh @ email@example.com for information regarding space at EPIC Innovation.
Intellectual Property Law and Commercialization Professional Development Workshop
June 9-13, 2014. Mississauga ON
Are you an entrepreneur or inventor? Do you work with innovative people who need to protect their intellectual assets? This professional development workshop is for you.
Offered in partnership with the University of Windsor Faculty of Law and the Centre for Executive and Professional Education, this 5-day workshop will give participants an opportunity to gain or improve their current knowledge of intellectual property law and IP commercialization and management strategies.
For more information:
T: 866-419-0685 ext 33
Academic Development Travel Grant
Deadline: June 20, 2014
Travel grants are available to faculty and librarian members holding probationary and tenured appointments. As well, those holding limited term appointments will be considered providing they are under contract for the year in which the travel will occur. Funds are awarded for presenting an academic paper, poster, or artistic exhibition at a conference. A maximum of $1,000 is allowed for each award. For further information, the ADTF guidelines and criteria for the award, as well as the application form and process for submission please visit the ORIS website. Any further inquiries can be sent to Diane Awram in ORIS at ext. 3919, e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCV Labs for Faculty & Grad Students
Computer Centre Classroom
• Come work on your CCV
• Tri-Council grant requirement
• On-site support
Choose from 3 dates/times:
Wednesday, June 18 – 9 to noon
Wednesday, July 16 – 1 to 4 pm
Wednesday, August 27 – 9 to noon
Register with Natasha Wiebe, 519-253-3000 x 3953.
Application Deadlines for Major Agencies
SSHRC Connection Grant
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – At least 1 week before you submit to ORIS
• ORIS deadline for review – At least 1 week before you wish to submit to SSHRC
• SSHRC deadline – Anytime
SSHRC Insight Grant
• SSHRC Notification of Intent – Aug 15, 2014 (to be confirmed). NOI is mandatory, but all details except applicant/principal investigator name can be modified in full application.
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – Sept 24, 2014 (to be confirmed)
• ORIS deadline for review of draft application – Oct 1, 2014 (to be confirmed)
• SSHRC deadline for full application – Oct 15, 2014, 4 pm (anticipated). ORS recommends you submit at least 2 days early to avoid last-minute technical difficulties with SSHRC’s online system.
SSHRC Partnership Development Grant
• FAHSS deadline for review (c/o E. Maticka-Tyndale) – Nov 10, 2014 (to be confirmed)
• ORIS deadline for review – Nov 17, 2014 (to be confirmed). Recommended: Make appointment with Natasha Wiebe at least 6 months in advance to plan application.
• SSHRC deadline – December 1, 2014, 4 pm (to be confirmed)