Forensic Science Teaching Assistant (TA) Positions Available – Winter 2019
In accordance with Article 12:01 of the CUPE 4580 Collective Agreement the Faculty of Science invites applications for TA positions in Forensic Science for the Winter 2020 term. The total number of Teaching Assistantships (50 hours each) allocated to the Forensic Science programs for the Winter 2020 term is ELEVEN, for a total of 550 hours.
List of courses that may utilize Teaching Assistants for the Winter 2020 term:
*Duration – January 1, 2020 - April 30, 2020
All positions are subject to sufficient enrolment and final budgetary approval.
Expected TA duties: Students may be asked to assist in preparations for lectures and laboratories, in marking assignments and/or midterms and exams, in online monitoring of discussions and class participation, and in proctoring of exams. Other duties may be assigned, including set-up time immediately preceding classes or laboratories.
- Must be registered for the term of work at the time of hiring
- Must maintain registration throughout the term and must be in good standing in the degree program
- Note that Teaching Assistants cannot be employed for more than 100 hours per semester total. If you already hold or have applied for another TA position (in this or another department) note that the total combined hours for all TA appointments held in all departments cannot exceed 100 hours.
Required Essential Qualifications
- Must be able to attend the lecture classes at the specified time (with preparation time as necessary) and to proctor the final exam
- Minimum of 75% in course applied for, with the exception FRSC 3217 which has a minimum of 80%
- Completion of FRSC 2100 and FRSC 3101 if applying for FRSC 3217, FRSC 4217, FRSC 4227 and FRSC 4237
- Registered in a BFS or BA (Combined) Forensics program
- Completion of BIOL 2023 if applying for FRSC 3217
Ms. Sarah Desarranno
Room 242 Essex Hall