Dr. Robin Gras
Professor, former Canada Research Chair
8111 Lambton Tower
519.253.3000 ext. 2994
- Deep Learning/Machine Learning
- Natural Language processing
- Individual-based modeling
- Theoretical Biology
- CSO and Partner at Movyl Technologies and MVYL Associates
- Cross-appointed by the Biology Department
- Cross-appointed by the Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research
- Bhattacharjee S., Gras R., Estimation of Distribution using Population Queue based Variational Autoencoders, IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, 2019, In Press.
- Scott R.; MacPherson B., Gras R., A comparison of stable and fluctuating resources with respect to evolutionary adaptation and life-history traits using individual-based modeling and machine learning, Journal of Theoretical Biology, 459(14), 52-66, 2018.
- Scott R., Zhan A., Brown E.A., Chain F.J.J., Cristescu M.E., Gras R., MacIsaac H.J., Optimization and performance testing of a sequence processing pipeline applied to detection of nonindigenous species, Evolutionary Applications, 11, 891-905, 2018.
- Mashayekhi M., Gras R., Rule Extraction from Decision Trees Ensembles: New Algorithms based on Heuristic Search and Sparse Group Lasso Methods, International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making, 16, 6, 1707-1727 2017.
- MacPherson B., Gras R., Individual-Based Ecological Models: Adjunctive Tools or Experimental Systems?, Ecological Modelling, 323, 106-114, March 2016.
- Gras R., Golestani A., Hendry A., Cristescu M., Speciation without pre-defined fitness functions, PLOS ONE, 2015.
- Golestani A., Gras R., Cristescu M., Speciation with gene flow in a heterogeneous virtual world: can physical obstacles accelerate speciation?, Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 279(1740), 3055-3064, 2012.