Is there a secret to achieving success at university?
There is, says UWindsor computer science grad Franklin Ezenwa (BSc 2015), and he promises to share it in his recently-published book, Be a High Achiever: Achieving All-round Success in College & University.
“The content of the book was squarely directed by a survey done on current students in colleges and universities to learn about their needs, fears, concerns, and desires,” Ezenwa says.
“I garnered priceless success tips from high-achieving students.”
His tips include:
- planning a successful school journey;
- selecting the right courses and program;
- setting goals and formulating plans to bring them to fruition;
- maintaining balance at school;
- succeeding in the major areas of school life; and
- getting ready for life after graduation.
(As appeared on Daily News - August 26, 2019)
In addition to earning high grades while at university, Ezenwa participated in extracurricular activities, including more than three years mentoring peers in the Connecting4Success program. Within a week following his graduation, he was hired by IBM Canada, where he currently works as a cloud developer.