‘’The mission of the School of Social Work is to promote social justice through quality professional education, advocacy, community partnerships, and the development and dissemination of knowledge through enquiry.’’
OUR PROGRAM OFFERS
- Broad epistemological paradigms that promote critical thinking and inquiry
- Development of diverse and rigorous research methods to address current practice and policy issues
- Mastery of a substantive area of social work and effective knowledge translation
- Opportunities for research collaboration with faculty scholars and community partners
WHY CHOOSE PHD AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR?
- The School of Social Work at the University of Windsor is a dynamic and progressive leader in social work education
- Committed to partnerships and the development of knowledge for the betterment of society
- The school’s location on an international border is geographically unique, creating research and leadership opportunities with a broad North American context
- Overarching framework of civic engagement, the PhD program prepares students to make significant contributions as leaders in academia, research, practice, social policy, or administration
2020-2021 Application package will be available on October 2019.
The University of Windsor sits on the traditional territory of the Three Fires Confederacy of First Nations, which includes the Ojibwa, the Odawa, and the Potawatomie. We respect the longstanding relationships with First Nations people in this place in the 100-mile Windsor-Essex peninsula and the straits – les détroits – of Detroit.