There are 10 units within the Student Experience portfolio and approximately 70 staff not counting any of the amazing students that work for us. There’s a ton of work going on at any one time but we do have priorities that we’re concentrating on to make the student experience better.
In 2018-2019, here’s what’s getting our attention:
- Continue our efforts to deliver high-quality orientation programs (Head Start and Welcome Week) that result in greater numbers of students participating, higher satisfaction and increase student leader involvement.
- Expand Flip the Script (E-AAA program) ensuring more female students graduate from this program
- Expand the Bounce Back program ensure that more students get the opportunity to improve their academic performance
- Make progress on the following capital projects: a) refurbishment of the CAW Student Centre seating area; b) the creation of a wellness centre that co-locates Health Services and the Student Counselling Centre.
- Implement recommendations from Student Mental Health Strategy; communicate which recommendations will be implemented to students
- Expand the Alternative Spring Break program to include three trips with at least one being international
- Implement the first year of Residence Renewal Strategy, which over three years will result in $5.5M in investments to improve student satisfaction
- Implement UWindsor’s first student leadership conference in Winter 2019
- Complete the upgrading of all Student Experience websites to the upgraded UWindsor web template
- Implement a new and robust UWindsor student spirit and pride campaign that gets more students: a) wearing Blue and Gold; b) attending University events; and c) growing community pride in our University
- Implement a new website that helps students navigate the challenges of off-campus living.