So depending on which university website you look at, you’ll often times find someone like me writing a letter of welcome to anyone who happens to stumble upon this page. I’m inclined to write just such a message with the hope of letting you know just a bit about what we’re trying to do in our area of the University.
The various units within the Student Experience team are committed to making our students’ experience an entirely positive one. And when students do experience challenges, we have many programs and services to help. In this regard, the Student Experience team is made up of dedicated people who regularly go above and beyond to help out individual students to get through a rough patch or in other cases help them to excel in extraordinary ways.
If you’re a student or the parent of a student, and you need support, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect with you promptly.
In the event you’re a student or are thinking about coming to the University of Windsor, I want to take this opportunity to assure you UWindsor is the right choice for you.
Here are just a few of things that make us unique:
- We have a wide selection of academic programs with amazing faculty. One of our noted strengths is the level of engagement that our students report with respect to their involvement with our faculty. UWindsor professors really enjoy and care about their students.
- UWindsor is the perfect size. It’s big enough that you have a wide selection of programs and can get involved in exciting, ground breaking research, but it’s also small enough that you can develop meaningful relationships with your instructors, staff and other students.
- UWindsor is a true reflection of Canadian diversity. We do diversity as well as anyone and there is no shortage of opportunities to connect with people who have different life experiences.
- UWindsor is one of the most affordable universities in Ontario. In addition to competitive tuition and millions in scholarships, the area around the University has some of the most affordable and safest housing options you’ll find anywhere. Our residences are also very competitive when compared to other Ontario universities.
- Finally, the University of Windsor has a unique sense of pride, which can be hard to explain. It is one part grit, one part "chip on the shoulder", a couple doses of community and friendliness and a final part that is about striving for excellence. There isn’t a precise word for it, but that’s what it is and when you’ve been here you’ll feel it quickly. It feels right.
So there it is. In my own words as a leader on the senior administrative team and an alumnus. This is what we do and this is who we are. Please feel free to write me or stop me on campus as I’m on my many travels. I would be happy to speak with you about your concerns, ideas, and suggestions.
Thanks for reading and Go Lancers!