- Internationally recognized professional actor training program
- Attracts students from across Canada, the US, and Europe
- Faculty members include professional actors and directors
- Special workshops, senior core courses, and University Players performances directed by guest artists. More than 10,000 patrons attend University Players’ productions each year
- Acting Technique
- Scene Study
- Shakespearean Performance
- Theatre History
- Other electives in dramatic art and courses in the liberal arts.
Minimum Admission Average: 70%
Mean Admission Average: 88%
The OSS Diploma and six Grade 12 U or M courses, including ENG4U, are required.
You must also complete an application for a BFA in Acting Audition by going online to the University of Windsor Drama website; the BFA Acting Audition form is under “Apply to Dramatic Art” in the left hand menu. Applicants will be invited to an all-day audition and interview in the Spring.
Training professional actors is the program’s goal. Our graduates also pursue careers in other areas of professional theatre, film, television, the related arts, and some attend graduate school:
- Professional theatre, film and television acting
- Graduate studies in acting and directing
- Education (with additional studies)
- Theatre arts teachers (with additional studies)
- Entrepreneurial opportunities in related theatre areas