Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Liberal Arts and Professional Studies - Aeronautics Leadership
Our Aeronautics Leadership Program combines a liberal arts and leadership-focused education with commercial flight training.
Students enroll in a Bachelor of Arts, Liberal Arts and Professional Studies: Aeronautics Leadership program, taking classes on the UWindsor campus in the arts, humanities, social sciences, business, science, and engineering.
The curriculum is diverse and flexible, offering a chance to explore various areas of study. This education is coupled with flight training, which is run by our industry partner, Journey Air, at the Windsor International Airport (YQG).
The Aeronautics Leadership Program was developed in response to the growing demand for pilots and leaders in aviation and aerospace. Working in partnership with industry, our team of highly qualified people with knowledge and years of experience deliver an academic program that offers excellence in the classroom and in the field.
Our program offers the added benefit of professional networking and employment opportunities for our graduates.
A Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Liberal Arts and Professional Studies: Aeronautics Leadership
- Students complete 40 courses in the arts, humanities, social sciences, business, science, and engineering.
- Six of the required courses must be taken from a selection of leadership-focused courses
- Eight of the required courses are practicum in professional development, pilot training, which is credit given for ground school, and flight training
- Up to nine courses can be taken in areas of the student’s choosing, making it possible for them to explore more areas of learning, or complete a minor in another area of interest
Professional Pilot Training Program, run by Journey Air
While students complete course work, they also work towards their Commercial Pilot’s licence:
- Year One: Private Pilot’s Licence
- Year Two: Commercial Pilot’s Licence
- Year Three: Commercial Pilot’s Licence continued, Multi-engine Rating and Category 1 Instrument Rating
- Year Four: Option of working towards Class 4 Instructor Rating or time towards the Airline Transport Pilot Licence
Journey Air’s Professional Pilot Training Program is designed to provide a student, with little or no experience, the knowledge and training required to become a licensed commercial pilot with a multi-engine instrument rating, within the first three years of study.
Aeronautics leadership students have 24/7 access Journey Air’s newly upgraded facilities, which include flight simulators, training areas, aircraft, lounges, classrooms, briefing rooms, and a maintenance hangar.
Course Descriptions - Aeronautics
Department - Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
- Minimum admission average of 75%
- Mean admission average of 80%
- For admission to the program, students need ENG4U, SPH3U and either MHF4U, MCV4U or MDM4U
- The flight-training component requires no previous flight experience.
Our faculty and professional partners have developed this program to ensure that the academic schedule has an appropriate balance of classroom work and career mentoring. The combination of academic study and hands-on training gives students the opportunity to gain valuable, professional experience and make connections with people in the aviation industry throughout their degree.
- View the Aeronautics Leadership program guide (PDF format)
- Request more information
- Admission Requirements
- How to Apply
- Visit www.uwindsor.ca/aeronautics
Student Recruitment Office
Toll-Free (Canada/US): 1-800-864-2860