Health care is currently Canada’s second-largest service industry and one of the world’s fastest growing employment sectors. Our Health and Biomedical Sciences stream provides a clear pathway to medicine, pharmacy or graduate research in a health-related science.
- Provides students with a structured program integrating biology and biochemistry with a focus on sciences that underlie health and biomedical research
- Offers targeted preparation for graduate study in a related field, and for students to complete prerequisites for many professional programs (including medicine and pharmacy)
- Rigorous curriculum with integrated laboratory (experiential) components and flexibility in upper-level courses
Minimum Admission Average: 75%
Secondary Average: 75%*
ENG4U, MHF4U, SCH4U, and SBI4U required. SPH4U is recommended. MCV4U is strongly recommended.
*Science second average is the average of all science and math courses.
- Professional programs such as medicine or pharmacy (or other health-related fields)
- Graduate studies in health and biomedical research
- Research & development in industry or government
- Clinical research
- Further study in law or business, focusing on health and biomedical issues/industries
- Education (appropriate selection of courses allows for fulfillment of such teachable subjects as Biology or Chemistry to enter the Faculty of Education)