Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Drama and Communication, Media and Film
Drama and Communication, Media and Film is a dynamic and flexible program offered jointly by the School of Dramatic Art and the Department of Communication, Media and Film.
This double major will give you knowledge and practical experience in both disciplines. Your studies in Dramatic Art may include courses in set and costume design, video, film, theatre production, theatre history, and performance.
Required courses in Communication, Media and Film will provide you with critical perspectives on media industries, media content, and the sociocultural and political-economic implications of contemporary communication technologies. You may choose to take courses in digital media production through consultation with an academic advisor.
- Provides knowledge of, and practice in, many facets of theatre, contemporary media theory and media production
- Includes courses in costume, set and lighting design; directing; stage management and theatre production; digital media production; media/cultural industries, new/social/interactive media, advertising, marketing and public relations
- Offers opportunities for internship placements for advanced students in areas including theatre production, performance, media production and post-production, advertising and public relations, arts management and media festival organization
Department - School of Dramatic Art
- Minimum admission average of 70%
- Mean admission average of 80%
- ENG4U required
The Drama and Communication, Media and Film program includes opportunities in more specialized areas in theatre production, performance, media studies and digital media production after first year. Advanced students will have the opportunity to pursue internships and Work Study opportunities at University Players.
- Television and video production and post-production
- Film/theatre director
- Theatre for social action practitioner
- Graduate school
- Teacher (with additional studies)
- View the Dramatic Art program guide and the Communication, Media and Film program guide
(both in PDF format)
- Request more information
- Admission Requirements
- How to Apply
Student Recruitment Office
Toll-Free (Canada/US): 1-800-864-2860